Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Québec
City
Montreal
Hi everyone, until when do you think it's safe to travel with our disease? I'd like to fly to Paris for few days but I'm so worried that I may just die there, I have no idea if I can take the risk or not. I'm still ale to move my arms and legs and breath without any help but as you know this can change tomorrow.. Any opinion?

Sure it can change tomorrow but you aren't going to die tomorrow if you currently have no breathing issues. What is rate of your progression like? Book it now don't wait.

I don't really now how fast it's progressing with me, I have developped sx three years ago but it became much worse around four months ago so now I have no idea how quick this is is going to be...

Do you have someone that will be traveling with you? Make the arrangements today and I'm not kidding. Go as soon as you can, you are right there's no telling what you will be like in 4-6 months.

Go! Go! Go! Just think, Paris in the spring time!

You'll be fine.

I've made dozens of flights since being diagnosed - several trans-pacific flights too.

I'm still flying with an FVC of less than 40%

Break a leg...oops...I mean good luck.

Do it now! I've done lots of flying and had no issues. Can't think of a single trip where I wished I would have stayed home. When you've taken pleasure trips in the past, do you typically regret it later?

You can't change how much time you have left, only what you do with the time you're given.

-Tom

Just GO For It!....Go and do everything you ever wanted to do and do it NOW! Enjoy!

I can't leave my bed without assistance.

GO! LOG OFF THIS WEBSITE AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS!

:razz:

go! Flew to France right after diagnosis and ate oysters in Bretagne! Go and enjoy! Have a glass of Bordeaux for all of us!

Don't wait! Go and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back