Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NV
City
Reno
Or how not to piss people off: Feel free to add to this list!

#1 Do not verbally attack another forum member. If you have a problem, send them a Private Message(PM) If you can not PM yet, you probably shouldn't be critizing another member anyway!

#2 Do not "Hijack" a thread. If someone is posting about them, respect the thread and do not post "all about you." Start your own thread.

Very well put, and I agree. 8)

I agee too

Cheers

Peter

Great advice...thanks.

Also, in the same vein, if a post really bothers you—for a number of possible reasons (i.e. offensive comment or blatant advertising, etc) That's when to click on the little exclamation in a triangle button to report it to the forum administration. The button is over on the right side under your name and statistics. It isn't to be used for just minor irritating stuff, use good judgment.

How 'bout if you ask for help, at least LISTEN to what people are saying... and don't keep posting the same question over and over again.

Points well taken. Good advice.

How about the old one similar to sadies If you can't say something nce,,then don't say anjlything at all.

I especially love the one about hijacking other peoles posts. If you want or need to outdo me go right aheaj. I thought this was a WE group not a ME group.

Plus we have the rant, tea, whine,pub anj christian groups. F we are missing someehing and you want to start one, be our guest.

Remember we are all in this together.

Also: Remember that this is a PUBLIC Forum. Think twice about putting to much personal info out there unless you are ready for it to become public knowledge. I caution my daughter all the time that posting on F B is like putting it on a Billboard. Same goes for post on here! If you want your private life on a Billboard, then go ahead!

Last edited:
decided to delete this post! Too much information can be a bad thing!

Last edited:
If you would like to simply not read anything that a particular member writes, do the following:

Go to your User Profile

Go to Settings & Options

Click on Edit Ignore List

Once there, you will find a box to enter the member's screen name. You may ignore more than one person, if you like. ;)

You can always "un" ignore them later...

Cj,

Will you still see the rest of the thrads just not what they posted? You, my dear, are a refreshing fountain of knowledge!

Toto

Toto, you will see everything else, just not what your ignored people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back