Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
MX
State
Jalisco
City
Jocotepec
Has anyone tried biofeedback? If so, have you seen any improvements, ex : more energy, less weakness, more flexability etc, I understand this is not a cure for any neurological disease but understand that it slows down the illness.

I learned biofeedback many years ago when I first had migraine and asthma issues. This was back in my younger anti-medication days and I was willing to give anything else a try. It was also free since I was a guinea pig for med students at the university I was attending. Anyways... It was mildy helpful for migraines and HUGELY HELPFUL for the asthma. I didn't do so hot with watching the monitors (which I guess is really the main point for most people) since I tended to view it as a competition and that just caused more anxiety and stress. But once I got the hang of how it felt to get control, I could do it without the equipment very successfully. I still use most of the techniques today and rarely use my inhaler. As for using the techniques to control the pain and discomfort from cramps and spasms and spasticity and all that... I find it's only slightly helpful, which is not too surprising since it wasn't very useful for migraines either. But you might have a totally different experience with it and find it a huge help to you. It just depends on the person and their ability to rise above certain problems. So I would say it's worth a try... hope you have great success with it!

thanks for your input, been on it for three weeks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back