Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
Dumb question, but they are installing an Aqua glass shower unit for Bruce, it is one for disabled, but is it just open, or surely you use a shower curtain?

Re: aqua showers

Joni, is the shower gonna be a roll in shower? The shower that was done for Don did not have a door or curtain, as the floor of the shower was sloped slightly towards the drain. Water still splashed everywhere, but if the floor is tiled, it's no big deal.

A shower curtain would just be in the way, because you will most likely be needing stuff not located inside the shower itself, like a razor, shaving cream, etc... You would do the back and forth dance with the curtain.

On the other hand, you could go ahead and install a shower rod for future use with a shower curtain.

It is supposed to be, but there is still a small step up, of course they could not have it all put together yet either.The drain kinda looks sunk down some, maybe that is why, and yes tile is in there. It has a seat that they are installing to the back of it that folds up when not in use. My house is one big disaster right now..Yuck

I have not seen doors on curtain on either of these . If I had to get one though, I would suggest getting a "c" shaped curtain rod...if the shower is in the corner..so it goes from one wall to the other. THen I would put two curtains on each side.

This way, you can have one closed for some privacy, both closed for total privacy or when not in use, or both open and by the walls when you need to clean it or get in and out fast.

Another thought came to mind too to get a non-slip mat or maybe those bathtub sticking spots( like duckies! ;) ) for yourself while going in and out of the shower to get the different things you may need...you don't want to slip in the shower water while trying to help your PALS.

Good luck Joni!

Thanks Kelli sweets, already have the non slip rugs on my list..and a few other things:)

Let us know how it turns out and post some photos. Happy showering!

Joni we remodeled our shower too--added a wooden floor(like a boat deck) to raise it up to floor height since the shower was a step down and took down the glass doors. Now my husband can roll in the shower and transfer to his shower chair. I put up a curtain rod to keep the water and heat. so awesome for him!

Atchoo, too much sawdust here:)

Ours is roll in, but we have a curtain. I still use the wand, but my aim is bad, without a curtain it would be evrywhere.

We're just finishing up the remodel of the bathroom. Took out the jacuzzi I fell in last summer. Put in a solid surface shower with surround 82" high. I'm using a curtain for now at least because of overspray -- don't want a bathroom that has o be wet vacced every time I shjower.

Just finished our remodle last month. Took out the whirlpool (going to put it in the upstairs bath somday) Put in a shower stall, with plans for a sliding stool, and went with a walk-in whirlpool tub. My wife loves to take 2, even 3 hour baths, but last Sep. she got stranded, couldn't get stood up. (weren't we just talking about losing it laughing while you assist somone back up? Try it with one person naked and company in the next room:lol:). I don't know how long the tub will be useful, but she loves it, so it's already been worth it.

Aww you are a good husband for making your wife happy. I love to take baths too, I would love to have one of those like she has. Bruce isn't a tub person, so I hope he likes the new shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back