Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Wallaceburg
Hi there, my mom was diagnosed with Bulbar ALS in July 2010. She is experiencing extreme hot flashes. Her body isn't hot nor does she have a temperature. She goes almost into a panic attack when she gets these flashes. Anyone else experience this?

Angela, I gathered from your question that your mother has already finished menopause. I am in the middle of menopause, so I am having hot flashes again. I had started about 4ish years ago and stopped about 2ish years ago. I have them so bad, that I even asked my friends "at tea" (a group of us get together online and have fun); come join us when you are able, if any of them radiated heat but no fever, no sweat. I had not even thought of hot flashes, so you probably answered mine and yet I didn't answer yours. I hope you get the answer you need. And thank you for giving me mine.

Kimberly

Post went to moderation. Will show up soon.

Kimberly

How old is she? Menopause can be terrible as far as the "sweats." It can make you want to rip your clothes off and jump in a cold shower! I'm not kidding. She may need to be put on Premarin or something. I would hate to have ALS and menopause! The Premarin will help alleviate the hot flashes. Why should she suffer with a symptom that can be controlled?

My husband used to experience these waves of heat - he was starting to store carbon dioxide. Not saying this is the case with your mum. My husband was always cold otherwise.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Yes she is past menopause. We go on thursday for bipap so hopefully we will get some answers. co2 is definitely a worry for us.

My husband is like Cervus says about her husband. John has hot spells, especially after he eats. Then, he is cold otherwise! He has an appointment in February and the Co2 issue is good to know about. Prior to this posting, I didn't see the connection. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back