Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MN
City
moorhead
My name is Steve. My mother was diagnosed with ALS about 3 months ago although she has had symptoms for almost two years... I am having a hard time coping... I have so many fears, and not ready to lose her yet. She has lived a long, full life, but this is very hard for me. My dad has Parkinsons and lymphocytic leukemia... It's so hard to go through this. I know most here have it worse off than me and my heart goes out to all PALS...
I'm not sure what else to say right now.....
Steve

Welcome although I'm sorry you're here. I hope you have help in taking care of them. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hugs

Steve, it's especially hard at first, but ... eventually you learn a certain sort of acceptance... which doesn't mean you don't keep living your life, but you do plan for things differently. I'm not sure how old your Mom is, but how is she doing with the diagnosed? This place is a lifeline for me, the first place I check everyday and before I go to bed, I hope you stay with us.

Hi Steve, Welcome. So sorry about your Mom and your Dad. This is a wonderful and supporting family here. Some will set you straight when you start going off track too and all with love & compassion. Loads of knowlegable people also to help answer your questions. Hope we can help.

Welcome Steve but sorry about your folks. Hope we can help.

AL.

Welcome, Steve. Sorry about your parents! That's a tough row to hoe!

Hello Steve, so sorry to hear about your parents. It's tough. Welcome here. Hope you find here support and practical help.

Sorry for the load you have been given. Maybe we can help you carry it through support and answers.

One day at a time. Try to take in the fact that each ALS case presents differently, use your local association, and we will help you as an online community as much as we can. Find some time for your joy and don't let this control your entire life (easier said than done, I know).

Steve, very sorry that your parents and your family are having to endure all of this. You will find here a lot of support and friendship.

Thank you for all your kind words and welcome... I think I am mostly overwhelmed at this point. I have lots of questions and things that scare me and cause great anxiety... When I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed I will start asking.
Thanks again,
Steve

We're here pretty much 24\7 so ask anything any time. Even if you just want to vent. You and they are in my thoughts.

Welcome and sorry about your parents. You'll find answers and support here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back