Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Greensburg
Does anyone here recall or know of an article about a vet who never received his benefits. I read it and it was about how long the process was to the point where he never lived to receive the benefits.

I mentioned this to our VA Hospice nurse and she wants to see it and even present it to co-workers when they meet.

Please, post if you find it.

Thank you so much! KissJ

Thank you Brooksea!

No one should ever have to go through what this Tacoma man and his family experienced. Unfortunately, this situation is becoming the norm for our ALS VETERANS. Another instance of required reading for legislators. We need to all fax this article to them. May I challenge you out there to get this task accomplished?

Unfortunately it is happening. Especially because the VA is reopening a lot of case from years ago that were denied from previous wars, and also reviewing those who were denied 100% disabilty for ALS. They just approved the 100% a couple of weeks ago. The time line that they gave was astronomical. 6months to 1 year. If anyone who has ALS does not get their Congressman involved or a good advocate that can push it will take that amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back