Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
nebraska
City
omaha
Back from my 8 day vacation in Florida, had a great time used the scooter from Apple Rental altho I waited 3 days and my leg felt like it was goint to fall off what a pig headed thing to do. I realized from this trip that there are things I just cant do anymore Super man dad has his limits. Thanks to everone for all the info.
mike

Yes, I'm learning my limitations the hard way too my friend. Very humbling ain't it? ;) Welcome home!

Oink, Oink! Glad you guys had a great time!

Glad you were able to go on the trip and have a nice time. I would have loved to taken my sister somewhere, just to get out of the house. We weren't able to, so we did the next best thing. My niece took videos at her farm and some videos of the new pony. My kids and I pressed some colorful leaves in between wax paper and decorated her room with them. It is amazing the things we do for those we love :)

Sounds like a fun trip, Mike. I'm hoping to take a big trip in May. What would be everyone's best recommendations for safe & fun travel?

Susan, The best trip I found out on the run was the fact that I was with the people I love and they love me, My boys joined us later in the vacation and man they wouldn't let me lift a finger all I got was " I got it dad save your energy" I finaly told my 20 year old that I still feel good and can help with the luggage he said " I know dad but the less you do the longer we get to keep you " At that moment I felt that he was right I spent all there lives taking care of them and I shouln't feel bad that they wan't to do for me! I did Find out that it makes travel alot easier to use all the handycap services at the airports eventhough I can walk I used the wheel chair services from the airline I was able to board first and at every conection they had a chair waiting for me. In memphis I would have never made our connecting flight if I had to walk. If you like the ocean Datona Beach was wonderful.
Mike

Glad you had fun. Daytona is great. Next time check out St Augustine. We used Apple for my Dad the last 2 times and were happy with them

what is this apple and how do you find them?

It's a scooter/wheel chair rental in Orlando. You call them and they have what you need waiting at your hotel. If you need the number let me know

Apple is a scooter rental company in Florida i used them they deliver and pick up at you hotel I paid $85 For 3 day of use it was great they have all types and sizes with one low price and the insurance is included. just google Apple scooter

I didn't know tese kinds of companies existed! I'll look for something similar in my non-Florida travels. Thanks & Merry Christmas!

NOOOO a man being pig headed. I know you made memories for a life time, now double time wrapping. Gload you had a blast.

We can all get a little pig headed. It would be easier if there was a way to know what was too much. My PT keeps saying not to over do it, bu t I still can't figure it out. Really gald to know about the scooter rentals. That opens up worlds of possibilities! Bet they have one in NYC!

So glad it was a good trip. They are more important than ever for all involved.

Yes They do its called big apple mobility the rates are not bad the number is (212.662.4548)

Mikeb1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back