Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
PAIN! My lower back(paraspinal muscles) that has been caving in for two years now is so bad it is making the one muscle along my spine stay in constant spasm and the other one is not visible..I can fit my fist in my back... It causes my whole back especially back/ribs neck/shoulders arms to hurt and cause spasticity...For the last week I get out of bed by telling myself one day you may not be able to so whatt is worse that or the pain. Walking loosens the muscles but not quick enough. I cant take painkillers last time i did i couldnt go to the bathroom for three weeks and had to drink that stuff they give people who are getting colonoscopies.........Its like everything imaginable in your body is affected when you have MND or ALS and people dont understand it....Luckily I am only crying a little as Nuedexta does help with emotional outbursts I would highly recommend it, if you can stick with it for the first two weeks...Just had to vent deep breathes dont help they just hurt the sternum! Debbie Downer out...Sammantha

Sammantha, have you tried a heating pad on your lower back for about 20 minutes or so before you try to get up? Doesn't erase the pain for me, but it certainly lessens it without meds. My back is probably not as bad as yours is, but when it hurts so much to move, and it's hard to move to begin with...

I also use a magnet backpad and do reiki as well, both of which help a bit.

My friend uses a vibrating pillow on her back and has helped her too.

You may find Baclofen helps the spasticity. Might be worth a try. Give you Dr a call.

My sister had horrendous pain in her lower back as well. She used a heating pad and the dr prescribed cyclobenzaprine for the spasms. I also massaged her back with Biofreeze. Between all of that, it helped a lot with her back. We found that also stretching the leg muscles up toward her chest (bringing the knee of toward chest) and then laying it back out flat, about 12 times each leg about three times a day would also help with the spasms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back