For pALS that have graduating seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for putting this link in. We just found out this week end my senior was accepted to KSU. Great news now see if we can come up with funding?

I told my daughter about this as well, though I think it a long shot... the criteria is first students of either a certain county in either Calif or Iowa I think, though it's open to anyone nationwide... but there are only 4 scholarships in total. Will still have her try that's for sure!

Yes! It won't hurt to try! How many seniors or college students could there be with a pALS as a parent? Hopefully, not many!

Haha! Just paid the final tuition payments in November. Both my daughters are graduating college in May. The timing is hilarious!

-Tom

I looked at each scholarship yesterday and ciouldn't find a single one open to a student outside of California or Iowa. I wish there were something in Oklahoma. I guess she can take loans and pay them off with my life insurance $ later.

Vets here also need to check your state veteran's offices because many of the 50 states (or is it 57?!) have their own scholarship programs available. These vary from full-ride (to include room and board) to partial tuition payments.

Thanks Brooksea! There are a couple we'll apply for - you never know!

Thanks Brooksea! I knew of a couple of these but didn't realize that the deadlines for some are in January. printing them out for the girl...

Part 1. My daughter graduated last year and now attends Broadcasting Inst of Maryland. Her friend fathers would not his daughter join clubs, he wanted honor roll, that is all he was worried about.My daughter was in Interact Club and they would feed the homeless, clean streams ect..Her grades were not great but her heart is in the right place. Rotary gave her a $1,500. scholarship, she was in charge of the yearbook, got a scholarship for that, she played Bocce ball with the Down Syndrome kids(one of her friend's since Kindergarden has the Downs.They were the State Champs for Anne Arundel County Maryland/ Bocce Ball Special Olym At Washington College was priceless. after all the little clubs almost like $5000.00. You should have seen the rewards banquet. The honor roll girls fathers face was priceless.I know it is not a ton of money but having send a son to a special school for 4 years, funds are limited:) Anyway check out Rotary too. proud momma here can you tell

Part 2. On sunday nights she does an intership at a little station that talks about a different disabilities every week. Last week she produced her first show and is working to do a show on ALS next year. She learned so much going through this with Grandpop, I really think ALS changed her as a person for the better, very humbling. She is on all our missions about educating the world on ALS. She is the first in our family to go to college, all her friends went into nursing, but her heart wanted something different. Sorry to ramble on I am just soooooo proud of her, she is only 18, with a very compassionate heart. So check out Rotary, The American Legion, Moose club, . Good Luck:)

Sounds like you raised someone to be proud of! The apple obviously didn't fall too far from the tree...

I'd rather have my daughter do her mission trips and work with the church than spend that time studying... she's a smart girl, but she learns much more from helping serve at a soup kitchen than she would reading about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back