Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Ga
City
Kingston
Hi everyone! I have a good Freind who has ALS. He has had a fever for the past 5 days. His ALS has gone down hill almost over night. Is that normal? I have MS. when I get a fever I loose my function. However after the fever is gone I go back to normal. How does fever affect ALS?
Thank you, Jennifer

Has he been checked for what's causing the fever?

Hopefully your friend is seeking urgent medical attention.

Medical attention...infection? Don't ignore a fever, especially when physically compromised.

Most likely an infection which must be treated. Don't ignore it.

My husband has spiked a fever almost every day since February of this year. He goes on and off antibiotics almost constantly. His is mostly due to trache infection or pnuemonia.

He is under medical care. He does have a infection some where in his body. They are running test. Does any one know is having a fever makes AlS worse? Do you get better after the fever is gone?

Generally a fever/infection will make anyone feel weaker.. this doesn't change due to ALS. If the source of the fever is found and taken care of he would no longer have that added draw on his energy and so should feel better and perhaps even stronger. But again.. it is the nature of ALS that nobody can give you an absolute answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back