Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
New Jersey
City
Marlton
We went to an Apple store last night and bought an Ipad. The $1.99 software from the app store works great. It's called "speak it.":p

Yes it works very well.

That crazy cradle looks like a good thing to get. Thanks.

I also use speak it.
I like the ability to save messages like.

I would love a coffee

Currently I have about 45 saved messages

The iPad is great while you can still type.

Cheers
Peter

We go to Qdoba a lot. I have saved "Mexican gumbo with chicken and black beans" and "pico, cheese, and tortilla strips."

I bought "Penultimate" for $0.99 and it let's me write with my finger. Works great in social situations, and I find it much faster than my typing and my iPad does not have enough volume.

Try assistive chat, it is good too. I think it was less than 30 bucks. I love my husbands Ipad, so much to do on it:)

Right now I'm satisfied with Speak It, for as long as I can handle it.

We're going to Australia and New Zealand in a few days and one of the things we've been doing with the Ipad is looking a Google maps in street view to see our hotels and other building we're going to see.

Does the I Pad have apps for games - like Military battles, and other games we used to play. I am trying to get something special for my husband for Christmas and have been wondering about the I Pad or a Tablet. The speak it and the other info given here sounds great.

Yes, tons of apps for games. An iPad doesnt suit me at present because I like a keyboard too much, but we have a couple of iPads in our family. I would personally choose and iPad over another tablet, partly because the apple's conductive touch screen works so well, but also because the apple is so simple and stable to learn and use.

Does it have to have a phone connection for the internet to purchase games or does it already come with it? My husband is losing the use of his hands and I want something that will entertain him while in the wheelchair other than just TV, reading, etc.

I found this little round speaker for $15 dollars at walmart called, Music Bullet, it hooks into your Ipad, laptop, Ipod, adds a lot of bass , and makes your sound much louder. Sometimes the speech programs, the sound just is not loud enough if the tv is up or something. It comes with a charger, so you don't need batteries.

No, mine doesn't have a phone connection, only WIFI, because I have a Kindle and don't intend to read books on it.

Mine has an app store on it click it There are lots of free and low cost game ''' I love my iPad. We have. 1 desk top i use rarely now and 2 laptops. I love the touch pad on my iPad. Easier for limited hand and finger mobility as well as not as bulky in my lap. Hope this helps
Felica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back