Country
US
State
LA
City
LA
Will there be a cure ?

I Hope and Pray Someday

I think now the researchers have a clue. They're are some promising trials going on now.

I sure hope so! Unfortunately, not soon enough.

I may be the wrong person to answer this because I am biased. I too hope and pray there will be a cure. I know I have seen amazing improvements from the trial I am involved in. I am not cured and am cautiously optimistic because none of the other 11 in the trial thus far have seen the same results. So no proclamations can be made as of yet.

There is lots of positive press about potential causes but the bottom line is they still do not know the exact trigger for ALS in every case. Of course there could be different causes for different people. We may not all have the same "disease" or at least not the same root cause but the same syndromes lumped under the term ALS. Until they know the cause my humble opinion is it is difficult to come up with a cure.
Even in my situation who is to say that whatever triggered my ALS originally is not still going on in my body causing a toxic environment for the stem cells in my body.

The other thing that makes finding a cure difficult, honestly is the FDA. Now I see the FDA as a necessary evil. We certainly do not want quacks and corrupt money hungry people out there doing dangerous experiments on sick people. The issue is that the FDA makes the requirements so excuritaiatingly slow and labourious that many companies especially small and start up companies can not afford to follow through on their research and trials. It needs to be simpler and more stream lined but still with over sight.

Bottom line though is yes I believe there will be a cure or perhaps a treatment where you constantly need injections of medicine or stem cells much like HIV drugs today, but they are on the right track and I hold much faith and pray that they will find it soon enough to help all of us.

Pray like crazy!

I did not mean stabelize, but a real cure

Not in yours or my lifetime. Hate to be blunt but from what I've seen, they're still a long way off.

AL.

I say YES. But then again... what do I know? Thats just mainly hope talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back