Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
LA
City
Ball
Okay,I took everyones words to heart about seeing a doctor.I was pretty hurt by alot of the post I received to my last thread,but sucked it up and I'm now being referred to a Neuro Dr.I can let my doctor set it up with a doctor of her choice,or I can choose to see one I know of.Wondering if anyone has seen one in or around Shreveport La.?I'm the same,with maybe my twitching happening more.Swallowing problem is still off and on.I just want to find out whats going on and more on with my life.I think it's proabley BFS,but I want to rule out anything eles including ALS.I've read so many posts of this fourm about twitching being the frist and only thing they noticed for sometime,so that does make me anxious.Please be patient with me as I try to find answers to what is happening to me.

The only ALSA or MDA recommended ALS clinic in the state of Louisiana is the following:

ALS Multi-Disciplinary Clinic at Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
Neurology Center, 3rd Floor-Central
611 St. Landry Street
Lafayette, LA 70506
Medical Director - Leo deAlvare, M.D.
Phone: 337-289-4940
Fax: 337-289-4951

And I do have to correct one thing you said in your post. While it is true that many of the posters in the "Do I Have ALS?" forum do claim that twitching is their primary symptom, the overwhelming majority of those posters do not have ALS and will never have ALS. As to the handful of actual PALS that have posted here stating that twitching was their first and only symptom, I've yet to find one that got started on the ALS diagnostic trail because they went to the doctor with concerns about their twitches. The vast majority of PALS' first complaint is some type of movement disorder in a specific peripheral muscle area, caused either by weakness or spasticity.

Continuing to be frightened of having ALS because you have twitches is a personal choice, not a foregone conclusion. You could change that choice if you want to.

Thanks,so much.If it was just the twitching,but now with the cramping too.It was just in the palm of my left hand,but now my left forearm is feeling like it's trying to cramp up.It's a weird tight and pulling sensation.I'm not saying it's ALS,but i want to getall this checked out my ease my mind one once on the whole ALS issue.The twitching is driving me crazy,does anyone know if you can have cramping with the BFS?Again thanks for the reply of the neuro dr.,has anyone here used him?

i see Dr DeAlvare at thhe clinic in Lafayette, if you contact the ALS Association they may be able to refer you to someone up north 225-343-9880

Sorry dear,

Twitching was my last symptom! And it's not all over. And have you read the stickies?

As a side note: good to see you back, trfogey! Knew it wouldn't be long.

Kimberly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back