ALS & Veterans on the news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Mary. I'm sure that guy is terrified for his son, not of the thought that he may be put into combat - but, that he will be instead fighting a battle with ALS in the future.

Interesting how the story states the military has recognized ALS as being service connected. Hmmmm wish it were true. I believe, like most do, the reporter is thinking the military and the VA are one in the same. Sigh

True Ernesta, I hadn't thought of that when I listend to it. He does seem to be interchaning the two and we all know that is not even close to the truth.

Interesting how the story states the military has recognized ALS as being service connected. Hmmmm wish it were true. I believe, like most do, the reporter is thinking the military and the VA are one in the same. Sigh

Well, it is true. I have pal and we are doing fine with the VA as service connected.

It was back in 08 I believe that it was done. Check it out.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I think she means that the military, as an active duty servicemember, is different than working with the VA and ALS. The VA and the military are very different institutions in so many ways. My husband was also a marine and he gets VA benefits for ALS but not military benefits.

That's right, Mary, that is what I meant. We are very thankful for the VA benefits. I believe my PALS has ALS bc of his time served. The military is copping out by not recognizing the reasons why. They have to know the answers. Urgh

The sad part of it, Ernesta, is that the military doesn't know the answer, all they know is that veterans are 1 and a half times more likely to have ALS than the civilian population.

If I remember correctly your husband started having symptoms while in the service and was discharged just a short time prior to retirement thereby unable to collect military retirement. He should, if the military did the right thing, have a retirement from the military and the VA benefits. Frustration is inevitable for you and your husband.

Personally, I think 'somebody' knows exactly why and how our loved ones got ALS.

The US military, CIA and even the CDC have a long and VERIFIED history of purposely exposing Americans--especially soldiers--to deadly toxins in order to experiment with new weapons, and then taking 30 years to admit it.

they are saying evidense is mounting we were exposed to organophosphate and carbamate acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (AChEIs), including pyridostigmine bromide (PB), pesticides and nerve agents, and the pills some of us were given to conteract nerve agents/ Our uniforms alone with the infarred red die in them, its suppose to be top secret no one even knows what the hey that is, they only know it makes us blend in to the night. I spent many days n nights in Weldon Springs, Missouri with the army, we all k new it had been posted not safe because of radiation, Yet they let us go in there and sleep on the ground and stay for 30 days at a time, yet civilians weren't allowed in there. Some exposure during wartime can't be helped its going to happen, but that weldon Spring area to me that was pure negligence, they knew it wasn't safe yet there we were and it was not wartime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back