Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Jacksonville Beach
Before my hands and arms lost muscle there were various faciculations in those areas. My legs have been good except falling to the left occasionally. I still am on a walker most of the time.

Just this week I have been experiencing the faciculations on my inner left knee and my right side at the hip. When they start they will continue for quite awhile unlike the arm ones that quit after a few spasms.

My question is........does this signal the beginning of the loss of muscle in my legs? Or should I just expect various twitches in any place and any intensity all the time?

Good question. I get twitching all over now. My hands and arms are weak and I am unable to speak. I am able to walk without assistance but won't be able to much longer. Anyone know the answer? Becky

My mom's diagnosis isn't definite so I'm wondering if her complete lack of twitches is abnormal for someone with ALS. Is twitching a pretty universal symptom or is it hit and miss?

My husband has them all the time! He has difficulty sleeping because of them! I asked his doctor if the twitching stopped does that mean the disease stopped, and he said no. They just happen.

Re: twitching I have had fasiculation (If that is how it is spelled) in the muscles that weaken. I have had this "twitching" since I came down with als in 09.

Hi Everyone, this is Ray from Utah
I have ALS and the Dr.s at Univ of Utah Med Cen. told me the twitching is the muscles are losing their strength.
it started in both legs and has worked it way into my hands and arms.
I have felt some in my neck.
So I am trying to live with it. And this Forum Helps me
Have a great Week
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back