Country
US
State
MT
City
Missoula
Why are there no ads on tv about ALS?:?:

That's a good question!

i think its because so little money is donated towards research for ALS that they dont want to use up what little money they have on PSA's. Dont know if theres any truth behind it- JMHO.

The PSA my buddy shot for the Angel game (see my other thread) is too long for TV. But he's cutting a new version down to 30 seconds and is going to pitch it to ESPN and ABC. He has contacts. The labor to make the video was donated. The stations have to run PSAs to keep their licenses. I'll let you all know if it runs.

-Tom

They had a walk here last month that had ads on every day almost the entire month.

I would say that there is no money in it, is the reason there are no ads. How many times a day do you hear about mesothelioma, or about bad drugs. Maybe we should all find a common enemy to sue over this and then maybe there would be some general awarenesss brought to this horrible diasease.

Money and numbers. The obvious comparison is cancer... there are fund raising ads, come here for care ads, etc etc. But the patient base is HUGE. And that means the pool of people who have been touched by cancer is MORE huge. So it's a case of .. if there are limited funds being donated, do you want them to go to research or to raising awareness...which could in turn lead to even MORE fundraising. It's a tough call.

I guess is because after lou gherig there is no movie stars that has suffered the disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back