RED KAT FOR ENERGY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magre

Red Kat For Energy?

:d I Start Yesterday To Use Red Kat For My Low Energy Have Any One Out There Used It?

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Kat

I have never heard of this product. What is it supposed to be and where do you buy it? Did a Doctor recommend it? Some of the others that have been around longer may be aware of it. Someone should post by tomorrow night.

Re: Red Kat

i use red kat and universal animal mstak you can go to google for more info on it and i will write in two weeks time to tell every body what it have done for me. i use it in my own because i try annything to cure myself.the doctors in south africa do not care about als

Hi:
I've never heard of red kat either, but checked it out on a couple of web sites. A few years back there was some feeling that Creatine might be helpful. I believe that the double blind tests were not conclusive. I expect that there are still quite a few people on it. As well, there was a guy in Australia using massive dosses of vitamin E (mixed tocopheryls).
Red Kat sounds like something I might try... in Amsterdam!

T.

Hi guys,

I have never heard of this product before either. Have heard of most things going, but never this. TBear , I'm with ya, and Amsterdam sounds pretty good to this dutch girl ! I know there are all kinds of wild things out there, be careful. And I agree, the creatine was not a good mix with the other things Henry was doing. You have to find your own magic. Red Kat? No.. Sounds kinda weird to me, I will have to research this one for sure! Take care, Hugs to all...

Carol

Red Kat

Hi everybody I han't been on the froum since Carol decided to leave for a while but I talked to her last week and she said she was back. I was glad to hear all the nice things people have written about her because she is a true inspirtion and educator for many of us. The biggest event that has happened to me in a long time is I was able to speak to a celebrity . We all know him as Henry and it made me feel without a doubt very special just to hear his voice. I actually said Hi to all the family and you could just tell there was so much love and compassion in that house we could all be so lucky. Henry still has his sense of humor and I finally found out what a lift is and if you don't know ask Carol because Henry says everybody knows. I'm still laughing about that one. :lol: Anyway about this Red Kat thing the name is errycoma lonfolia Jack and comes from a plant. It has aphrodisiac properties and is a libido booster and promotes testosterone. Another ingredient is sclaremax which have antithrombotic and antidepressant effects. It should not be used by women or the chronically ill. I understand the energy part of it but I don't understand what this plant has to do with ALS. It even cautions people to watch that they don't use to much of it. So in my opinion I think we'd all be safer and give our loved one a KIt Kat it still gives us a little boost and does raise our endrorphins for a short while. I also watched the Jenifer Estess movie tonight and I was sad to hear that she died in December but the show did tell us all that stem research is the way to go. The one comment that was made when they were trying to get the treatment is that ALS is like an Orphan disease and only 30,000 people have it in the US. Their comeback was it possible there are more they have just died beore they do their stats. It really makes you think how many people have to die or live with this conditon until the government takes this seriously. If they know the stem cells work with mice why are they stalling it would open up a door to so many other motor neuron diseases. I don't get it :( The other thing that irks me is that the government or the medcial society hasn't had to really put any money into the research because we have organizatons like Project ALS, at the time of Jenifer story they alone had made 7 million dollars and I'm sure there was more after that. Think of your own community and what the ALS foundations do for you, that money had to come from somewhere and it did from people volunteering their time and speaking to others that know nothing about ALS. We need to continue to talk with anyone and anywhere that has a positive upside to it we need to talk to these people even more. I am so frustrated because the person I love sees no light at the end of the tunnel is it possible to give them some light and not just fabricated hope. I hope so and I think I've said enough. Good luck to all of you on your jouneys.
Tims helper
ALS About Loving Someone.

Re:

Hi:
I've never heard of red kat either, but checked it out on a couple of web sites. A few years back there was some feeling that Creatine might be helpful. I believe that the double blind tests were not conclusive. I expect that there are still quite a few people on it. As well, there was a guy in Australia using massive dosses of vitamin E (mixed tocopheryls).
Red Kat sounds like something I might try... in Amsterdam!

T.

For vitamin E, I would recommend only taking "High Gamma Vitamin E", along with tocotrienols. It's actually the gamma form and tocotrienols which do the most good to help reduce oxidative stress. Wal-Mart sells High Gamma Vitamin E (Rexall Brand) for low price.

What I really wish was available is something called "MitoVitE". This is a research chemical with a ligand attached that makes it easier for vitamin E to cross the mitochondrial membrane.

Acetyl-l-carnitine has been used to treat symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. It has also been shown in two studies to help muscles recover after exercise, and to reduce muscle fatigue. It helps to improve mitochondrial function in muscle cells. It should only be taken along with R-ALA and biotin. See the "R(+)ALA" thread.

Hi Kim,

What a wonderful letter! You made me cry.... Thanks... I really needed a "lift". lol Okay guys, I will fill you all in at a later date about the lift. I will have to do it now, because Kim has planted a bug in your ears. TBear, you will love this one ha... I have been very busy working the past few weeks, so, I am trying to catch up on some much needed rest. As for reading some of the new posts, it still blows me away to see to what people will go through, (after we who have been there and done it all before them) I am not being critical , but , I hate to see people given false hope. I know that some of these do work. Vit E for example, is a wonderful thing. Vitamins in general are a wonderful thing. And, I guess it all boils down to if you think it works, then take it. How are things with Tim? I hope he is doing okay and keeping busy. Anyway, I will talk to you all soon, I have to go eat a "KIT KAT" bar now to get my energy to get Henry ready for bed ! lol Or maybe I need some of that red kat for real, you say it enhances the libido? Oh goodness, just what Henry needs eh? Anyway, have a good week, will talk soon. Love ya....

Carol D.

Hi Guys:
Glad that we're all on top of this! Kim (I am assuming Kim is Tim's helper), the whole concept of stem cell usage is indeed a contentious one. One that our Federal Government has dealt with. If you check back issues of the Canadian ALS publication you'll find that a bill was passed in the Legislature last year that allowed for the use of embryonic stem cells in medical research... it was/is awaiting Senate approval. I remember this as there was a big push and letter writing campaign to try to convince MPs who were against the bill to support it. I wrote several as did my family.

The dilema it seems is in the moral court of the researchers. As a catholic and an ALS advocate I can understand both sides of the issue (at least I hope I can!). As a scientist I also believe that, while money and the phamaceutical companies may drive and direct some of the research, if sufficient evidence existed to support the existence of a cure for ALS, it would be morally and ethically investigated by someone, somewhere.

While we believe that the big drug companies may not have the drive to patent natural remedies I know that they have been successful in aiming at specific genetic material... how obscure is that? If this is the case I believe then that they would also not have a problem at patenting naturopathic solutions to the problem.

Dan, you seem to know a lot about this stuff or have read a lot about it. If it's working for you... fill your boots! Thanks for the infomation and I'm glad that you've documented what you've done. It's a very responsible thing to do in the process. I still stand by what I've said before... if you don't know what it is and can't find out what it does... you probably don't want to stick it in your mouth... then again who knows what 's in wine?

Don't work too hard Carol... Al, I hope you are loosening up and Fish... if you're out there on the deck and had too much wine, have your daughter drop us a line sometime... I promise not to gross her out.
T

Loosening up

Yes I am finally loosening up. Still have this miserable cold. Computer crashed and is out getting a new hard drive. Hopefully I'll be able to salvage my email address book. Is anyone going to the National Symposium on the weekend of the 28 of Oct. in Toronto? Or is anyone going to the Gala at the Royal York on the 5th of Nov? Catch you later. AL.

Hi Al, if you loose anything let us know, we will help you piece the forum group back if need be.
What is the Symposium and Gala events you mentioned?
Now, come on, share with all.

Symposium

Guess you folks up in the hinterland only get mail by dogsled. I thought everyone would have gotten information from the ALS Society. Possibly if you or your PAL/CAL is not registered you didn't get the mail. The details of the National Symposium are at www.als.ca. The Gala is another fundraiser at the Royal York in Toronto on Nov. 5 I believe. I'm not on my own computer yet so I'll try to get the details of the Gala up here next week. Going north to Bala for the weekend. As I said earlier to a friend If you can't surf you might as well fish. Have a good weekend everyone. Al.

Gala

If you go to the Ont. ALS website there is information there about the Gala and on the Toronto Website as well. Hope that helps anyone interested.

Gala

Sorry folks. Just read that the Gala has been cancelled to a later date due to some technical difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back