Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
va
City
keysville
I am new to the forum. My mom was diagnoses with ALS June 14 2006. Like many of you, we read what's out there, check the web and hope for miracles. We talked to Steve Byer in the summer concerning boa naugau (do not know how to spell) What is the general thought about this man and the herb compound? thanx Laur

Hi Laur,

I have spoken with Stephen Byer on and off over the past few years. My impression is that he is honest and well intentioned. I also think he is credulous and he lost a lot of credibility in the ALS community when he continued to act as the North American contact for Dr Hongyun Huang in the coordination and scheduling of OEC (olfactory ensheathing cell). This doctor is still in Beijing and injecting the cells into all manner of PALS with no followup and no evidence of efficacy. Some PALS have died shortly after the operation, apparently from complications. Steve also acts as an agent for a Chinese doctor (Dr. Xia) selling BuNaoGao (BNG). I had signed up with Steve and was scheduled to go to Beijing for the operation but fortunately monitored the situation and cancelled at the last minute. I also considered BNG but, in the absence of any evidence of its efficacy, have chosen not to take it. Steve said some years ago the BNG had stopped progression in his son Ben. Clearly it has not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Laur. Don't waste your money on this scam. If you do a search here on " bunaogao" you will find no one that has had any good things to say about it. Steve Byer will tell you almost anything to sell you his product. Have you ever read about his product in a mainstream publication. He will tell you the big drug companies are holding him back and all these scam artists say the same thing. Be very wary of wild claims. AL.

Hi Laura,
If I told you I had ALS for 25 years and was able to live because I ate red frogs I raised in my basement, what would you think? I'll sale you all the red frogs you want for $50 each, take a frog a day with your meals and you will be cured? Now if you want to go for the better version I'll drill a hole in your skull and place some of my red frogs stem cells somewhere in your brain and it you are lucky you'll live long enough to make the payment to me. You might croak in the process, but that's not my fault.:oops:

P. T. Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute. That is how snake oil salesman made a living for years and still do in many places. Playing off the fears, false hopes, and out right lies to separate you from your money.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR ALS.
ANYONE WHO TRULY HAS ALS WILL DIE EVENTUALLY.

I get so mad when I hear of people prying on those who are venerable.

The truth hurts, but I would rather hear the truth, than chase all over the world for fake cures. No one even knows for sure what causes ALS much less are able to develop a cure, YET. If there was a cure it would make the headlines of every newspaper in the world. Before chasing after false hopes do extensive research and you will find the truth.

Like AL said do a search here on cures, stem cells, etc. and see what the experiences in the real world have been. They all failed to cure ALS.

God Bless
Capt. AL

RED FROGS? Now that's a good one Capt. Al. Laughed my butt off when I read that one. The really sad thing is that if you were serious and had a website somebody would want frogs. You made some excellent points though. Good going. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back