Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
Uni
State
TN
City
Memphis
I just got word today that the VA will offer assistance for my Dad. I assume it is due to his exposure to Agent Orange during the Vietnam war. Does anyone else believe this is how they contracted the disease?

The VA is offering assistance because ALS is a presumptive service related illness. He is now considered a 100% service connected disabled veteran. This will open the door to many, many benefits.

Hi Missy et al.
My hubby was diagnosed in March 2010. He served in OIF/EIF from 2003-2004. I was wondering how old your husband is. Mine will be 34 next month. Thank you.

My husband just turned 50 in April.

My husband's dad was exposed Agent Orange when he was in Vietnam. With Eric's diagnosis showing up as genetic with no prior relatives having had ALS, it makes me wonder if maybe he brought something back that ended up in Eric's genes.

You will get 30% or more from the VA it depends on what your dad can still do..Congress has not signed the bill that says we are 100% serviced connected.

Good Luck and I hope dad gets 100% and SMC to make your lifes easier..
Marti

Also I am 39 and I served time during the Gulf war, but didn't go anywhere..maybe you should think of the vaccinations:)

Marti, ALS is a presumptive service related illness and is 100% service connected. They have not signed the bill giving a automatic 100% disability rating yet. Currently, ALS is automatically rated at 30% disability until a C & P determines a higher rating.

I have been wondering what had happened to that piece (100%). I wasn't in Vietnam, but my uncle was. He does get compensated for agent orange, but he does not have ALS! I'm 43 so to young for Vietnam. Personally, I feel that the trigger for ALS has to be something that everyone has come in contact with and also a pre-disposition for it.

We believe it has to do with the Vaccines.

Heya Sadie, yes vaccines do make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back