Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
mn
City
bloomington
So I thought when my mom went through stem cell it would work. I prayed so hard. BUt she had it done in Feb 2011 and it didn't work. She has tried everything and nothing has worked.
So now I have come to realize that nothing will work. I pray they come out with a cure and soon for everyone. Its hard to hear my mom say I have to get a wheelchair, my voice is going and I have to have it recorded, my hands are not working right.
She is sad and very emotional. I can't blame her I would be too I am very sad and hurt by this. THe hardest part is waiting for them to sell there home to move to the state I live in. I hate the waiting. We don't know what the time frame is. We don't even know how long she has had it. I want to scream and cry. I feel so alone I can't deal with it anymore. I am venting because I don't know what to do. thanks for listening to me.
I do hope and pray everyday for all of you and for my mom and for all the caregivers like my dad that they find strength to keep going and never give up.
Thoughts and prayers are with all of you!
Sandy

Sandy, I'm so sorry. Venting is fine, and you know folks here will want to help support you and your folks. Waiting and "not knowing" are two things we're all very familiar with, so sending you loads of empathy.
Ann

Sandy, thank you for being so supportive of your mom. I hope the house sells soon and that your folks are able to move closer.

Sandy, was wondering how things were going. I hope that house sells fast, and your mum can move closer to you. Will be praying for you.
Love and hugs Aly

We are here for you. I'm sorry for all the disappointments your family has faced. We understand.

Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom feeling worse... its one thing to be prepared, but quite another to actually have it happen I think. I pray that your Mom's house sells and she can move closer to you soon. Waiting and wondering really is awful, and it's definitely ok to vent, 'cause we all need to!
Helen

Sorry to hear that stem cell didn't work for your mom. Understand your frustration and not knowing what to do. It is so hard. Everyone says one day at a time, when you don't see how you can make it through today much less tomorrow, this week or next week. I think we all can relate to your feelings. Please know that there are other people who are facing this awful monster and know what it does to families. We all need to vent, scream and cry. Will keep your mom, you and your family in our prayers.
Janis

Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and family. We all understand your venting!

Thank you to everyone for you kind words.
I'm very scared. I haven't been close to my mom in years and than we got back together when my grandmother passed away with colon cancer and we kept getting closer and now this. It breaks my heart when I talk to my mom and I can hear in her voice the sadness. I just always want to cry. I can't talk to my own family but I can talk to you.
Thank you for being there and listening to me. I really need family around and all of you are my family.
My prayers and thoughts are with all of you.
Sandy

My prayers are with you and your family. Don't lose hope Sandy, this site will help you understand more about your mom's condition and although it's not easy, sometimes knowing you are not alone helps you find the courage to face and do what you have to do.

Thinking of you and yours. Come here any time Sweets. Take care of yourself.
Love

so sorry hee is a hug all i can give you

Sandy,
You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. I so wish you didn't have to endure this sadness. I pray your mom's house sells quickly so you can have as much time with her close by as possible. Hang in there, you will make it through.
Linda

All your love, support and kindness brings tears to me. Thank you so very much to everyone for being there for me and my mom. It means alot. I don't come in to often its hard for me to read alot of things now. Knowing my mom goes through alot of it and it kills me inside. She went yesterday to the speech therapist for talking devices and also to be fitted for a wheelchair. My dad bought a van today so they can use it for my mom. I never thought I would ever see this my mom going through this. First my dad had a tumor and they got that along with fluid on the brain and than when he got better and than my mom got this diagnosis of ALS it really pissed me off. I use to cry alot but I have tried to get strenght to keep going for my parents sake but its hard to handle some times. I have accepted it but just like all of you I HATE THIS ALS. the good always get the bad stuff and the bad people get everything made of gold. NOT FAIR!
thank you everyone. I will try to come in more often and keep you up to date.
Have a great night and prayers and thoughts are with everyone!
Sandy

You need to be strong Sandy. For yourself as well as for your Mom and Dad. VoicdforLinda and I were talking yesterday about how being strong for others makes us strong. It's really true too. It really works. Hang in there Babe and sad as it is, it's good to see you here. Life just doesn't seem fair sometimes but then, that's life. We are blessed and we see it if we look hard enough. Sometimes it's a trick but it's doable.
Love to you and yours,
Marta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back