Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
NC
City
Raleigh
A new awareness video by Amy Carson and Jason College. The human price of ALS, told by PALS and CALS, in their own words. Be sure to have a box of tissues handy.

Thanks for posting this!

Record crowd, no-hitter ball help Phils raise record for ALS

June 14, 2011|By Peter Mucha, Inquirer Staff Writer

Last night's ALS benefit at Citizens Bank Park raised a record $893,033, propelled by a highest-ever turnout of more than 6,800 fans.

The 22d Phillies Phestival featured players, coaches and broadcasters at 23 autograph stations; photo booths with ace Roy Halladay, catcher Carlos Ruiz, and manager Charlies Manuel; auctions that raised more than $100,000; games for fans to play; memorabilia-filled grab bags; and sales of food and drink.

Snagging the biggest bucks from bidders - $4,700 - was a baseball used in Halladay's no-hitter and signed by him and Ruiz. The next two top items in the live auction were a jersey worn by Halladay in a home game, which fetched $4,300, and a 1934 Yankees baseball signed by Lou Gehrig and others, which went for $4,000.

Now, THAT is something! I truly hope the cure can be developed with such financial support. Hearts are good, it is a good day.

thankyou so much for posting that link allen,i sure did need some tissues.
i did see lorie and tim among the pictures.
sad to say but i read a news report earlier this week that funding is only going to be focused on more treatable or curable deseases.
they said that neurological deseases like als are to take a backseat till they can understand more.....................how can they understand more unless they do more research?

I posted this on my FaceBook profile. Got it forwarded to me yesterday. Great and powerful video without being too traumatic to people that are not familiar with this disease. I did cry though. Thank you very much for posting this.

I was pretty naive about ALS funding for clinics and how that works. I simply assumed that a Clinic attached to a hospital or university was funded soley through an internal budget. This is not the case, I now understand.

Most clinics are "endowed" with a base of seed money, but they require annual contributions in terms of grants and contributions. Some are granted based upon an ongoing research program.

Thanks for sharing the donations infromation with us.

- Jerry

This disease is too evil. The video was touching and hope others than those affected by ALS will view it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back