Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
CA
State
sk
City
lashburn
could someone really tell me that if i were to get a no medical life insurance and when they ask do you have anything wrong with you and i say no, even though i have mnd, and say down the road a couple of years from now i pass from this disease, would my family be rejected from my insurance. well, i think they would find out my cause of death. because a year and a half ago i wanted to get insurance from a certain company and he asked do i have any medical conditions and i told him i was diagnosed with MND. with that he left. you might think i wouldn't, but i am not sure especially when its a no medical benifit.

I'd call and ask--without giving your name. If it's an accidental death policy, it shouldn't be affected.

Check the fine print. Most of these policies limit the insurance for the first 2 years unless it is an accident. If not an accident you get back what you paid

Agree, you must check the fine print carefully. With my policy it states that after 2 years, the insurance company waives the right to challenge the validity of the policy based on the correctness of the answers in the application.

BTW: in my case they didn't ask if I have "anything" wrong with me, they only asked about common chronic conditions: heart disease, diabetes, aids, etc. Ha!

-Tom

ok, thanks for the advice. i'll try a couple things

I use to be a licensed life insurance agent, selling only term policies. It is extremely important to answer the questions on the policy application correctly.

The issuing company has access to the national medical database and if they cared to, could cancel a policy due to fraud.

If the policy application did not include medical questions and you wound up being diagnosed after the policy was issued, there is no problem. With the company I represented, if a person wanted to increase the face amount (death benefit) of the policy, a list of medical questions had to be answered.

Group policies, such as one issued through the work place, often require no medical questions but are usually issued for less than $100,000.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah I agree Zaphoon I certainly wouldn't want anyone to be untruthful on a life insurance application.

But you don't have to offer information that isn't asked for. If they don't ask about ALS or whether you are in a wheelchair or whatever, just keep quiet about it. But definitely, answer all the questions honestly.

-Tom

Good point, Tom! There is no need to volunteer what isn't asked for. For anyone out there that hasn't been diagnosed yet and do not have life insurance, now is the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back