Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
ny
City
belleville
This is my first time here. My brother was diagnosed with ALS 2 years ago. He still doesnt want to believe he has it but is starting to come to terms with it. Our mother just died 4 months ago and his wife is having a hard time dealing with his ALS. I take him to his doctors appointments and try to help out as much as possible. He still walks but has gotten very unsteady. I really would like to know if there is any help out there with renovations for his house. His bedroom and bathroom is on the upper level. Its a very narrow stairway so a bedroom and bath has to be installed downstairs as well as a ramp outside. Does anyone know where i should start looking for help.

ALSA and MDA to start, look for your local chapters

Thank you. He goes to syracuse MDA clinic next month so I will check

Contact Stu @ ALS Guardian Angels. ALSGA provides grants to help with modifications to the home and to vehicles to help pALS maintain their quality of life.

There may be other non-profits in your area that could help. We have a few in our state, but the waiting list is so long and usually pALS don't have time to wait!

There may also be some assistance via the VA if he's a Vetran

our church has provided a great deal of help including building handrails and a ramp

Hi Dear Patty! My thoughts and prayers are with you, your brother and family. My condolences for the loss of your Mother. Not a good year so far for you all. Stay close and take care of yourself.
Love,
Marta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back