Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
Vic
City
Melbourne
Hey everyone,
Donr know if in posting in the right area but I'm going for a muscle biopsy in a week and was wondering if anybody else's experience? Does it hurt? Do you need to recover from it or does it feel like nothing happened?

It stings. You'll be a little sore. Do it.

depends on what kind they give you. Mine was an actual cut in my upper thigh and they knocked me out for it. Its a 2 inch scar I have. The meltaway stitching on the inside were not bad. A little itching and kinda sore for a few days but it healed pretty quickly and I didn't have any restrictions on activities afterward. But everyones different.

You will be fine. I had a bit of sedation, but they usually use local. I had quite a few stitches, but honestly I went out for lunch staright after and was back at work the next day. It was suprising how little it did hurt considering, what it looked like. A piece of cake, honestly

Drugs will hel p with any pain if you need them.

AL.

A little sore...But got a nice deep scar.

My PALS had a muscle biopsy last week. It was a 1 inch or so slit....three samples taken....local anesthesia only.....no pain....minimal paid since....Tylenol and ibuprofen have been effective. Be careful to not disturb the incision with activity or showering etc.

The were trying to rule out IBM (Inclusion Body Myostitis). Result not in yet.

Hi everyone, I am curious as to what they are looking for with the biopsy? I am expecting my nuerologist to set one up, when I see him next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back