Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie8633

hello, i hope this wontbe too long and bore you all but i really need some help...my husband hurt his left shoulder 3 times inlast yr and of course put off as most men do going to the dr...he began to have muscle twitching in his left bicep only with no pain...was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and after 4 weeks of cervical traction therapy twitching was worse and he began to lose function of his left hand and also began twitching in his right arms as well....now i see twitching in his shoulders chest, neck, arms and occasionally back of calves.... his speech is slurred but only seems to be this way when he is taking pain meds....he has no excess saliva.....has pain in his neck and just below his should blades where he hurt himself in the gym...his walking is clumbsey but seems to only be so when he is on pain meds as well....he says he has a ringing in his ear and his tounge feel "thick"...there is an area just below his shoulder blades that when i puash on it he says he feel like a burning sensation all the way down his arm to his finger tips.....recently his dr seems to think he has als....does this sound like als to you?please if anyone could respond...

Hello Laurie, some of the problems could be als, but your husband needs to see a neurologist and get cat scan, mri, etc done to rule our other neurological diseases. I hope and pray he does not have Als. Keep in touch with the forum there people here who can be very helpful. Jane

Hi Laurie,

You must get your hubby to a Dr. now... Do not wait. Get all the necessary tests done. Lets hope that it is not als. But, in the meantime lets hope for the best, but be ready for the worst. We are praying for you. Hope everything goes well. Keep us posted, okay?

Carol D.

Hi Laurie:
ALS is generally diagnosed by eliminating everything else and this is done through lots of testing. We've had lots of people come to this site with similar symptoms and never heard from again... presumably misdiagnosed.
The sooner you get your husband to a neurologist the better. As Carol said... hope for the best and prepare for the worst. If it is ALS... and it might be...get an immediate referral to the closest ALS clinic... before you leave the office!
Good Luck
T.

Hi Laurie:
ALS is generally diagnosed by eliminating everything else and this is done through lots of testing. We've had lots of people come to this site with similar symptoms and never heard from again... presumably misdiagnosed.
The sooner you get your husband to a neurologist the sooner you'll know. As Carol said... hope for the best and prepare for the worst. If it is ALS... and it might be...get an immediate referral to the closest ALS clinic... before you leave the office!
Good Luck
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back