Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
CA
State
sk
City
lashburn
I have been diagnosed with motor neuron disease and left for dead. i have no answeres i have no cure but i have love and support from my fellow members and that i am thankfull for. i type with one hand and think man if they could understand that i'm withering away they would get it but in my lonliness of this disease only i am. i denied the problem i have denied my existesn but i have a voice and i will be all that i can. i ask why but as my dear mother once said why not me than the next. so.. if you read this believe this is not the end but the beginning to our understanding of life our spirit. do not give up fight.

This is one ride I wouldn't have chosen in the amusement park of life, but now that I'm on it, what a great ride > that terrifying first fall, the twists and turns of everyday something new, the shear joy of treasuring it all with family and friends. Of course if there was a way to stop and get off, let me outta here

All I can say is wow. I personally do not have the disease, my mother does. But, your words seem to sum up some feelings that I have had about this and I can only imagine her thoughts on this. Although I was not the one diagnosed, I too feel as if I have been diagnosed and left for dead. People don't understand how much something like this not only affects the person with the disease, but also the family members. Thank you for your inspiring words. I WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT!

Lindsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back