Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Anaheim
Now this is a wierd one. This article references a report published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. It indicates that PALS have relatively longer ring fingers.

Ring Finger Length Linked to ALS, Study Suggests

Interesting, but not sure if there is any practical application of it.

Now my ring finger is longer than my index finger, but I don't know how unusual that is.

-Tom

Sheesh! What's next? I can't even say what I'd really like to! LOL

I read that this morning. How ridiculous!

I can't say the same thing CJ couldn't say.

Funny, I was just reading this thinking - ARE YOU KIDDING ME ! ! !

the huge study sample is very telling: 110 people, not all of whom were PALS. Oy.

If only I had known it 18 months ago I would have cut them both off.....

Now this is a wierd one. This article references a report published in the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. It indicates that PALS have relatively longer ring fingers.

Ring Finger Length Linked to ALS, Study Suggests

Interesting, but not sure if there is any practical application of it.

Now my ring finger is longer than my index finger, but I don't know how unusual that is.

-Tom

Naturally I inspected everyone here and mine is alot longer...hmmmmm? Weird!

Okay, I did a little google research. It seems there is a group of Brits who seem to look to ring finger length as a clue to everything:

I think Katie is on to something: if you do enough studies, the small sample size will guarantee some statistical anomolies will show up occasionally. Very skeptical...

-Tom

So, I HAD to look at hubby's ring fingers! His are smaller than his index fingers. Funny, mine are longer. LOL I'm worried, now!

I wonder how long it will take for someone to show up in the Do I have ALS forum and say they have it because their finger is long

Great point Liz...I find it humorous that they don't even know what ALS is (yes they know the syndrome, but that's it) yet come up with these theories. Talking about putting the cart before the horse! My middle finger is my longest finger; and and my second toe is longer then my big toe, I hope that is not an indication of lepercy!

We used to have the Forum Follies and I know BethU coulda really run with this! Bless her soul! I know she must be having a laugh somewhere about this!;)

FYI, my husband's ring finger and index finger are almost exactly the same size. On the other hand, his twin's is almost half an inch longer...

I thought finger size was related to size of another part. hmmmm

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back