Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
McDonough
Attended the viewing tonight of a fellow PALS. He was 55 years old and had been patient #6 in the Stem Cell trial at Emory. The autopsy showed he died from a heart defect that he was most likely born with but had never been diagnosed. He had said he was not going to die from ALS and in the end he was right. His death had nothing to do with ALS. Sad that his time came but happy for him that he was right he did not allow the beast to be his ultimate demise.

God Bless Tom Elliott and his lovely wife Maureen.

So sorry to hear this.Praying for peace for him and his family.

Condolences to all of those who are feeling this loss.
Ted, I think I understand what you mean. Its like slapping ALS in the face and saying
"HA! You didn't get me!"- so sorry though friend.

I'm saying a prayer for Tom and his wife. He was too young to die. Sorry that he didn't live long enough to see if the stem cells would have helped. And I'm sorry that you are sad Ted.
Laurel

Sorry for the sadness.

Sorry about your friend Ted.

AL.

Ted so sorry about your freind. Thankful ALS was not his demise.

Ted, I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Tom. My condolences go out to you, Maureen and the family.

I am sorry for the loss of your friend but glad he got to tell ALS to go pound salt.

Ted, I'm sorry to hear about your friend! :sad:

My condolences and prayers for peace to all.
Meg

The big picture here is that even with this horrible diagnosis you never know when God will call you. We check our FVC's, FRS's and do every other test known to man kind and in the end we never know what will get us. All the more reason to live everyday to it's fullest, live with a clear conscience, make your family and friends know how you feel about them and be at peace with your relationship with God.

Yes, we all start on the same line every day. I am sorry for your loss though. Take care.

It is never easy to loose a friend my condolences and prayers go out to you and the family. I think you hit the nail on the head with expressing your view of how to live everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back