Diagnosis
10/2003
Country
CA
State
On
City
NW of Toronto
Has anyone had any experience with this drug. They gave it to me for cramps in my legs at night and it seems they are worse. The product monograph says it takes a couple of weeks to settle in and I am not there yet and was wondering if anyone had or has the same results.

Hi Al:
Caught your message before work this a.m. My wife used low dosages of amitryptylene (It's an anti depresant) and, if I recall correctly was used more to control her salivating. I don't recall it being used for cramping... but it was a while ago. She was on Baclofen (?)as a muscle relaxant for cramping and it helped with her walking early on.
Hope this helps... good luck!

CHeers

Yes they did give it to me for the salivating and post nasal drip plus the cramps. Apparently it works better on these than for depression so they hardly ever use it for that anymore so I'm told.

I haven't tried them to know if there's any truth to it or not, but the rapid dissolve calcium/magnesium products like "A to B calm" and "Calmax" have been promoted for helping to control nighttime leg cramps. I've seen some positive comments from people on forums in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back