Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
While incredibly difficult to watch my hubby of 25+ years being diagnosed with such an obnoxious disease....I am VERY slowly starting to see the light. Diagnosis stinks....been there and done that!

Squalled like a baby when I realized he could no longer wear his flip flops--okay, so put your big-girl panties on and MOVE on! Cried when he had to get fitted for his AFO brace on his left leg two weeks ago---stunk when he got fitted and brought home the AFO for his right leg today. Bottom line is.....I can't fix this problem despite my incredible Type A wanna do so personality.

I'm so HAPPY however to see him regaining the "trust" in walking with his braces on. At least for right now, some of his ungainly walking stride is gone. Seems to have brought him some comfort because he's slowly learning to trust (at least the left brace) to keep him from falling. Are we scared that this pain-in-the-butt disease could be progressing faster than what we anticipated----absolutely! However, I'm so excited to see him walk with so much more ease and confidence again! I post rarely 'cause it sometimes seems to difficult and I generally don't have a lot of positive things to say-----but I thought I'd share tonight--sometimes there are bright points!

Ruthie, you are a rare peach! Your husband is fortunate to have you by his side!

Thank you for sharing something that has made your heart glad!

Thank you for sharing, Ruthie. My husband is being fitted for AFO's on the 10th and his wheel chair tomorrow. We will celebrate 16 years of marriage in June. I am looking forward to his gaining a tad more confidence and some of his independence back. At least I am hoping there is a little of that coming back.
Love and light
Meg

So sorry about your husbands diagnosed. Your husband is so blessed to have you! Glad he is doing better at walking with the braces. I have found a brace that works well for me with a slight modification and I can still wear my flip flops!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back