Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
tx
City
el paso
i had a very bad night after reading about phils death. i dont know why i took it so hard. he and joel always were so willing to live and gave me hope. im not scare to die, i just worry about my son. it was to late to teach him things by the time i was diagnosed. im trying to type him a letter n i guess i should plan my funeral but i feel like im giving up. im not ready yet.

I understand how you feel. I have young children as well. Planing your final wishes is not giving up. I did the same while crying the entire time. I feel better that it is done. This disease takes so much away from us, however it will never take the love we have inside. I know my children will treasure the letters and other things I've done years from now, however I'm happy I could do that for them. If a cure comes for us, we can simply leave our letters for later. Please know you aren't alone. Your thoughts are all of our thoughts in this transition.

Hugs to you...

I'm sorry you're having a bad time. If you're able to talk still--make a tape for your son--if not, then the letter is good.

It's responsible to plan for final arrangements if there's something specific you want--there are insurance plans that are for final arrangements. Do it now if it'll make you feel better--but only if it's something you feel you need to handle yourself at this time--it's not giving up in my opinion.

generally, it's a bad idea to make any major decisions when we're in the grieving process, though. Maybe talk to an ALSa counselor about how you're feeling?

One thing I know about grief--bottling things inside will definitely NOT be helpful. Hugs and best wishes

my PALS preplanned his funeral as well. and he's still kicking and screaming (figuretively) almost 9 years later. it isnt giving up.
im sorry you feel such sorrow because of Phil's passing. it is truly a sad thing.

thank u ive done a will n all paper work but not actual funeral arrangements. my son is 21 but still not ready to leave him.

I'm having my fair share of bad nights also. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I have 5 kids ages 22, 17, 16, 13, and 10. Sometimes it's overwhelming. I find prayer and truly for the first time, just talking to God like he was sitting in the room right there with me, really helps.

i know what u mean, i talk to him everyday.

hello I am so sorry about your night. I am sorry to hear about phil i did not know I have not been on because i have had some kind of bug and feeling sorry for myself. We all want to quit at times. I talk to hopice yesterday talk about gloomy but they would not have me . I am on trilogy,vent mode , but I am sort glad I am not to give up yet. I was boohooing all afternoon,but today a new day in CHRISTand I am glad iI am here to enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back