Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Mississippi
City
Mantee
I have been reading this forum since September 09,I was D.X. in nov 09 after years of cramps. I am married to a saint of a woman for 30 years this sept. We have 4 children 1son 26 three girls 21,17,12. I consider myself lucky I am still walking with only foot brace on left foot which is dose not move and left leg is not far behind.I still drive and do a lot of things out doors. I still fish alot in my boat by myself to the dislike of my wife and doctor, but I enjoy the time alone for thinking. Thanks for reading this one finger typing,and for the info. I have gotten here in the last few years and many more to come. LIVEING WITH ALS DAVID

welcome David ,AS YOU KNOW FROM READING WE ARE ALL HERE TO HELP ONEANOTHER. IM HAPPY FOR YOU THAT YOU PROGRESSION IS AT A NICE PACE. KEEP POSTING AND SHARE WITH US YOUR JOURNY

Welcome David. There is a couple from Oxford (husband has ALS) that come up to Memphis for support group meetings occassionally. Possibly you are in the same ALSA area. We've got a great loaner closet if you need any equipment in the future. Sounds like your progression is wonderfully slow. I am so glad for you.

Hi David. I am so happy that you are still enjoying your time on the lake fishing, my own dad loved fishing as well. I say do it until YOU deem you no longer can, lol. I have learned so much here and at times found comfort, if even just to read about others facing ALS when it sometimes can feel lonely. I am so happy for you that you have your wife and children, what a wonderful support.

Hi David, and welcome to the forum. You have had a wonderfully slow foot onset--that is great! I agree about doing your fun fishing as long as you feel it's okay. So glad you have a good marriage and four children, with an adult son for manpower! Smart planning. I hope you have many good years ahead, enjoying life.

Ann

Hi there David, you share the same diagnosis date as my mother. I am so glad to hear you're fishing & generally enjoying life. Glad you've posted & looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello David! Sounds like you have a wonderful family! You are indeed a lucky man! I am glad that you still take advantage of the opportunity to fish and do the things you enjoy. I love your attitiude, keep it, it will serve you well. Do not be a stranger on the forum, we hate to have new people join but ther are an instant part of our forum family!

HI

As a non-conformer--- GOOD FOR YOU! If you feel you're safe fishing by yourself and enjoying your time--to heck with what the doc says! I am all for doing what you want and what you're able to do to make life fun.

I love your attitude. I hope I can have one like that. I'm still in the diagnosed process--with arm and hand problems mostly. Legs are just weak and I tire easily.

I'm impressed you're driving! I'm afraid to drive anymore. Welcome and keep on keeping on!

Welcome to the forum family ,David. Hope to hear from you often.
blessings.Pat

Thanks for the kind welcome. Though this disease can be and is overwhelming so can the kindness of people. I live in a very rule area were everybody knows everybody. When i was first d.x. my friends and neighbors had a benefit which raised all-most a year salary as I made as a brick mason before all this. And this march my church had a benefit with bands singers and all and raised even more. and just last week my wife car needed new tires and she goes to the local tire store and gets four new tires and goes to pay Joe tells her it's taken care of. I know it sounds as if I am bragging but I am so proud of my community and feel so undeserving. I know I have rough days ahead,but as I sit here with tears my eyes in the words of the great LOU I do feel like the luckiest man on the face of the earth. thanks for reading. and .GOD BLESS. David

Wow David
When I read your original post it sounded alot like me.I came to the forum alot to read but never joined until recently.
My symptons also started in my left foot and I started to wear a brace and now wear on bothh feet.
I also like the outdoors and would go hunting with my son.this was the first year I didn't go and that was hard.
I have been married to my saint and caretaker fror 36 years ,I only have two children a daughter and son and 3 grandkiids.
one more simalarity I type with one finger also.

welcome to the Journey we are all here for each other.
Jeff

David, we are also blessed through our rural community...and the fact that my husband grew up in this house, so many friends are very old friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back