04/2010
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Princess Anne
Hello everyone,
I am very new to this site and am hoping I am in the correct place for this question. My husband was diagnosed with ALS in April 2010 so we are coming to a one year anniversary. I am overwhelmed most days in the care taking department. I recently have been introduced to the book "The Healing Code" by Alex Loyd. A family member is concerned for me and feels this might be a scam. Does any one out there have any thoughts or testimonials concerning this book and the code? The co author, Ben Johnson was healed ( or so the book flap says) in 2004 of his Lou Gehrig's disease. Would someone please help me?

From the product description on Amazon: "Discover the revolutionary formula that heals the source of illness and disease, even success and relationship issues."

Anyone who claims their plan will fix every single thing in your life and tops it off with "The 7 secrets of life, health, and prosperity" is lying to you.

Ive heard from many many folks that this is a scam. I know you want to try anything and everything to cure your husband- but if someone were actually cured of ALS- then we wouldnt need this forum... Im sorry. Im not trying to tell you to give up, but be carefull.
another way to look at it- if your doctors didnt say "hey, try these techniques and see if this can be cured"- then its most likely a scam.
as of today, there is no cure for this disease. and there is one medication to treat it. symptoms can be treated, but not the disease itself.

It is so hard to not want a miracle cure. I think we all want to believe that somewhere out there, there is a cure, a pill a product that will change our circumstances. Since our diagnosis I have been beseiged with emails from loving, caring family and friends wanting me to check out this or that. Bottom line is that these people are out to make a quick buck.

I wish you all the best.
Love and light
Meg

Many thanks for those of you who took the time to share your thoughts. I will certainly take your opinions under advisement. Any one else out there have any thoughts?

Just what everyone else has said... the only thing these "I have the answer" books cure is the hole in their authors' wallets.

As my doctor told me there are a lot of claims on the internet and if it sounds too good to be true then it is. If there was a cure everyone would be talking about it and everyone would be doing it. I caution you too not waste your precious time on unproven claims of cures. My advice would be to learn about any clinical trials near you and if any of them interest you.

Have you asked at the PRMC ALS Clinic? I'm sort of a neighbor of yours. Dr. Morgan would know if anyone had truly been healed of ALS. I'm very sorry about your husband having this disease, and can sympathize so much with your exhaustion and desire for a way to stop the beast in its tracks. I think sometimes you have to do what you have to do, as long as your husband is on board and willing. I will say, however, one of my biggest fears earlier was to be pushed by well meaning family and friends to fight this their way--and I had taken a lot of supplements over the years, reading health news reports, and taken very good care of my health. When I learned that both my husband and my father fully supported my own view of how to deal with ALS it was immensely helpful.

Blessings to you,
Ann

I was told early on keep your mind open and your wallet closed. lol Recognize that Al ? Pretty sound advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back