Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
noticable sympthoms appeared may 2009. after a series of mri;s blood tests, emg''s nct's, two physicians, one had surgeon, four neurologists diagnosed with als feb 2010. it appears to be progressing very slowly, for which i give thanks every day. three things must be maintained, strong belief system, hope, positive mental attitude, by all means make every effort to avoid phycological stress.

I agree with that. I always have to tell my mom to relax and not stress herself out. She does yoga and mediation so that helps her out. I'm sorry you have it. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

pearshoot, sorry you have this disease, but welcome to the forum, and it's good that you're a slow progressor. I hope you find a lot of support and friendship here. I also echo what both you and Sandy have said about stress being harmful. The time to push ourselves to accomplish as much as possible is over. The more upbeat we are, the better we feel...and the easier it is on our caregivers, as well.
Ann

pearshoot, Welcome! I am glad you found us here. It is a great support system. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back