Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
NH
City
Keene
I am getting more frustrated as the days go by and need feedback please...... Our first hurdle is due to my hours being cut in the past month and medical bills ( not covered by our insurance ) and travel costs we are 1 week away from losing everything we own in a storage unit in TX they will auction it off in Feb, my husband was going to drive down to TX from the east coast to get our things in dec but now this would be a difficult task for him, I dont care about the material things what upsets us the most is all our family photo/memories are in that unit, the very thing of comfort for a person who is ill is to have is good memories I am mortified! We live in a studio 1 brm apt with steep stairs & a bathroom you could not swing a cat in ( we would never have leased this apt if we had known my hubby would be diagnosed with als) is there anyone we could contact to help us find a place to rent that is more adaptable? we live in the New Hampshire. I sleep on a mattress on the floor ( no bed ) and he sleeps on a tiny couch as breathing laying down is uncomfortable for him, this has all happened in the last 4 weeks due to ALS creeping into our lives and it sucks, if anyone knows of anyone who could help us save everything we own we would sure appreciate it.

I have never mentioned this before but I am also unwell and have been for some time with an autoimmune illness/ I also have a rare digestive disorder from my illness, I am in remission right now ( take steroids daily/continously to stay in remission ) but feel myself treading in very deep water in regards to my own health mostly due to stress.

I feel today I CANNOT deal with all this as it is all so urgent and all so overwhelming, who the heck can I ask for immediate help? my husband's work is going to raise funds but it will never be in time to fix all the things that are urgent right now, any feeback would be so welcomed.

I'm sorry for your situation. Is there no friend or relative who could make the trip down to TX to get your most valuable things? Wish you all the best.

Please contact this web site it is specifically for ALS families in need. They can help you. alsguardianangels.com

I wish you both the best.

I have already contacted als angels last week we were sent and email with a phone number to call, we called it no one was there so we left a message & that is how it stands :0( we are running out of time, ty for your input ................

How much is your storage unit rental cost?

Have you tried calling them and pleading with them?

OK I will call again I did not add that my daughter is stuck in Wisconsin and graduated from college ( alone) and we have also been sending her money each week so she can eat, our oldest son is supposed to be paying for her to get here but he sure has been dragging his heels, this is the dark side of als & I am not happy as you can well understand, actually I am pretty pissed off, I will let you know what happens.

I have tears streaming down my face, I just on a whim dialed Stu at ALS GUARDIAN ANGELS & he is going to help us, I am so beholden and humble that he would do this for us in such a time of need and will make it up to him one day, I will let you know the outcome.............

Last edited:
It's great that people here can help! Hope things work out to the best for you!

Hey Pudge, I am so sorry. Wish I could wipe away your tears, and give you back the hug that you so kindly offer other people. I feel so darn helpless over here. I so wish I could help. :(

Love Aly

This is one of the many reasons that I have been trying to fund raise and promote the Pepsi Contest for the ALS Guardian Angels. Stu is one amazingly generous man. All of our ALS community is so fortunate to have him on our side. Thank You Stu....for saving another family from near disaster.

Ok I am taking big breath's here as I have had quite the day, our daughter is coming in on Tuesday if all go's according to plan, I know people here on the east coast who work for pepsi through my job ( vendors ) is there any I can help, please tell me and I will try my damdest kelly.

TO ALYOOP Aly I am sooooooooooo homesick I just want to go home, I do not think I am running away I just think it is the feeling of familiar surroundings, we have discussed about going back, Don loves his NY giants and his Boston red sox sports teams & feels he could not mentally survive ALS without his sports so we are at a stale mate, THANK YOU all who cared enough to reply at least I know there are people who really care out there

Last edited:
Pudge, I can understand how homesick you must be. When we are in times of enormous stress, as you are, we always want to go home. I think New Zealanders especially,because it's such a special place.
Your husband will need the things around him that are familiar and give him comfort. Things like his sports and of course his darling wife.
I wish the best for you both, and your children. You are still well and truly in the period of utter shock. Everything is a bit too much to take.
I hope that ALS angels can do something to help.
Aly

Good luck, Pudge. Hope things work out for the best (as best they can, anyway).

I am so glad that Stu (OUR ANGEL) is going to help your family.Take care of yourself.God Bless your family .please keep us posted
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back