Diagnosis
12/2008
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
Hello all, just saw messages wishing me a happy birthday and want to say Thanks.
I travelled by myself in December to Chicago and it was a bad experience for me. I had choking episodes on a full plane and of course it started a panic in me and the people around me did not know what to do and I am waving them off while I try to clear myself. Not a pleasant experience at all.
I had a lot of choking when I got to my sister's house and it lasted for days. Finally the Monday after Christmas I was so bad I went to the emergency room and the Doctor gave me a breathing treatment and also I had a sore throat so he gave me an IV injection of a pain killer and a steroid. Sent me home with a Z-pac of antibiotics to ward off strep throat just in case. Well I stratnge thing after that I had I think maybe on choking episode and have not had any since. Not the kind that I have to work at to clear for hours. It is amazing to me. I don't know if it was the steroid or what but i do not miss it at all.
So I came home on January 5th and my sister came with me. She was staying until next Tuesday and now has decided to stay until February 10th. It is a great help having her here with me. It is nice not to be alone and knowing someone is here makes me feel safer and also I just love having her with me.
So anyway, I have been off here for awhile. I am tire really easy these days and so just taking it easy. I will now try to catch up on everything on the forum. Good to be back.
NancyS

Nancy, it is good to see you back again! I was worried about you and can imagine how horrible the choking episode on the plane must have been. I would think that the dry air on a plane would really be hard on the throat. The steroid or whatever sounds really good and I wish I could find something like that . It is good that your sister is able to stay with you, it's nice to have someone with you, I am the same way now, I don't feel safe by myself anymore either.
Have a nice visit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back