Curious....has anyone else heard of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missmineau

Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Sask
City
The land of living skies
I have been doing a lot of research and reading since my moms diagnosis in October of 2010. I contacted our provincial ALS society and got in touch with a wonderful woman who was full of lots of information and suggestions. As we were talking she said that ALS diagnosis's come in "pockets of time", meaning its not heard of for a bit then all of a sudden there is a huge increase in people being diagnosed. She also stated that spring and fall seemed to be the time of year the disease reared its ugly head. I know since my moms diagnosis I have heard of friends of friends that have been diagnosised around the time or since my mom has. Anyone ever hear of this? Or notice any kinda pattern in peoples diagnosis? Just curious!

This is first time I have heard this and I have been researching for 6 years. Don't know what to think about that.

I wouldn't take it very seriously... I began having symptoms over two and a half years before being diagnosed... in the summer. Onset time seems far more important than diagnosis. Maybe the holidays both during summer and Christmas season decrease numbers diagnosed during both. Just an idea.

Last edited:
I agree with Ann, my first symptoms were noticed in July and I was diagnosed in January. It could be clinic scheduling or just when people notice their symptoms more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back