Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
WI
City
Beaver Dam
I wanted to apologize to you guys.
Yesterday, I was having a really difficult day for many reason, but mainly because of what is happening with our beloved Joel. As I said in one of my posts, I had hit the angry stage of mourning.
Though I am not taking back anything that I have said, I do want to say sorry for my part in getting that thread closed.
I felt attacked, and given my high emotions at the time, I shot back at the person.
My biggest regret was that it was done on a thread that was meant for Joel. Completely inappropriate place to hash things out.
I also want to say sorry to those who were utilizing that said thread- some of my actions took that away from you.
So I have decided that when another thread gets started for our dear Joel, that I will not, under any circumstance, jump on anyone who decides to attack us. Not on the thread. I will handle that with PM's or simply put them on my ignore list.

I do hope that you all understand where I am coming from. I know alot of us dont know each other, but what it all comes down to is that I am desperately trying to do whatever it takes to make my friend change his mind. We dont have to agree. And thats ok.
I feel if I dont try as hard as I can, then I will have failed as a good friend.

So thats where I stand. I would ask- since the topic of what is going on with Joel is such a touchy one, that we remember to keep things about him, not about who is right or wrong. Lets handle that privately or on a seperate thread. When a thread is made for a specific person, it would be nice if we could keep it for THEM.
I will be the first to acknowledge this, and follow this.

I thank you for your understanding.

I thank you for your post.

AL.

Thank you Liz. The thread dated back some time ago. It was my son's birthday when I wrote it. I was so grateful for my day with him, and felt like Joel was a person who helped me realize I could have more birthdays with him. I was so surprised when I saw it updated, and read what had transpired for Joel. I was speechless, Joel is, and will always be, a true advocate for ALS...

Well Hoping... Im sorry that I had part in making them close your thread. I didnt mean for that to happen. My emotions get away from me from time to time and I am having a really difficult time with this thing with Joel.
But like I said- i will do my absolute best to bite my tongue and confront people in a more appropriate place.
Hope you are well.

I think it justs proves how much Joel mean's to all of us. We all care for Joel so much.

more than can be expressed, that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back