Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
California
City
San Marcos
First off I love life, but I don't want to live life on any machine. I am fine with my life as lived, why prolong the suffering past what my body says it will work? Can't see that happening, why dilute my kid and grandkids memories. Why leave everyone with the last memory of me with tubes sticking out? I'm not there yet but I will be.

Love to all, Bruce.:razz:

because they will miss you and it may not be as bad as you think but , it is everyone own choice .

I'm with you Bruce, I'm not sure how I'll feel when faced with the immediate decision but I wish you all the best
oh and I love your quote :)

Bruce, I think we each have to make this decision (any of the life extending choices) individually, hopefully in agreement with our family members, but without judging anyone else's decision. It's one of the most personal choices we can make. There are so many scenarios which make the choice an obvious one for some. For others it must be very emotional and difficult.

God bless,
Ann

At the moment im with you Bruce, but im keeping an open mind as to how i will feel when i begin to deteriorate.
The thought of living of a machine frightens the hell out of me and only being alive in my head makes me wonder if that is actually living at all. Guess when the time comes i'll think about it then, only problem is anything like that is illegal in the UK and any policies may not pay out !

Where there is life, there is hope!

Glen was adament right after diagnosis that he wanted to interventions. As his condition worsened he remained steadfast in his decision. I had hoped we could at least talk him into a PEG but it became apparent that his FTD would really make it impossible for him to be compliant with its use. That apple that he ate that led to the pneumonia? He would have eaten with or without the peg. I think it is for none of us to judge the decisions of others in this case, but to support the choices each PALS makes to the best of our ability and to try to remember that each case is different and unless we are walking the road with them we don't know the whole story.

For me the PEG was a no brainer, I have been unable to eat for over a year and I know that I wouldn't be here without it. Sure it is a drag to not be able to eat but I've had at least one good year that I would not have without it.

Has anyone read Joel's blog today?

AL

Has anyone read Joel's blog today?

AL

Read it late last night, Al. Very upsetting -- I just don't know what to say.

My Pals is saying that she has lead a full life and is very happy to go when it's her time. She says she has no intentions of rushing it, nor extending it longer than God has intended. I am REALLY disappointed she has chosen no mechanical interventions. Super disapointed.. However, I am trying to stand by her and let that be her decisions.

I support anybody's decision and only hope they've received all the information to make an educated one.

It is a very peronal decision. What may be right for me may not be right for anyone else. There is no right or wrong answer it just comes down to what is right for that individual.

Oh my gosh...I just read Joel's Blog as well. very upsetting to say the least. He is in my prayers!

Joel's blog read and responded to... thanks Al for the heads up. Knew his last couple of posts sounded... different

I have to say that I have survived cancer when only given a less than 10% chance, I've lived with a peg for 9 months during that, that doesn't bother me to go through that again, what I don't want is a vent etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back