Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
UK
State
South Yorkshire
City
Rotherham
Hi im new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself.
I was diagnosed on new years eve by Prof Shaw at the Royal Hallamshire in Sheffield with ALS .
Wasn't much of a surprise to be honest but hard to take all the same. WIth a 14 year old son and many lovely family and friends in support and my gorgeous girlfriend.
Im 40 years old and an Engineer Surveyor for a large insurance co , who i informed today of the problem. There going to get in touch with prof Shaw for a report !
Its mainly " focal " in my right /shoulder and hand and all seems ok so far everywhere else. Still waiting on delivery of the drug which im not looking forward to. :(

As my name suggests i have my boys toy a mint BMW Z3, only comes out in the summer, im also an active member on that forum. My other love is mountain biking but having been now told that exercise has to minimal then my bike will stay put.

there are many questions i have and still trying to fully understand and educate myself on the disease.
Will ask them all later .

thanks for reading :)

You have come to a great forum. People here will help to answer questions and concerns to the best of there ability. So sorry about your diagnosis.

Welcome to the forum... and what a bummer to learn you have ALS on New Year's Eve! Great, though, to have so much support. I hope you find help and encouragement at the forum.
Ann

Hello there and welcome. Good to 'meet' you, though sorry about the circumstances - a new year's eve diagnosis, not the best way to start 2011. On the other hand the supportive family sounds like just the way to begin a new year. Maybe the beemer (is that too irreverent for a Z3?) will have to come out now in rain or shine just for the pleasure of driving it.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. That being said I am glad that you found this forum. You will find many wonderful people here willing to offer their support, share there experiences, answer your questions and be as helpful as possible. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Hi z3 driver, welcome. Not the best time to get a diagnosis of this awful disease, but sting that there's no good time!

Chris.

Sorry you got into this club, but once you're in you'll find lots of willing helpers with great support.

Hi there fellow brit, sorry you have to join us, but please feel free to ask away they are all very helpful on here xx Ang xx

hi I am new too :0) hope you are coping OK and sorry to hear about your diagnoses :0( My husband is in the probable als diagnoses will know more next friday and we are very scared, regards Kim

Oh and may I add that I am a new Zealander so nice to see a Brit on here <big smile> I won't hold it against you that you sent many of us on ships down under for stealing bread LOL

Got it sadie I am still learning my way around this HUGE wepage I just added my photo that took me 30 minutes to figure out LOL

Lori just read the veterans page and very interesting, but how do you prove a connection if he served late 70's early 80's this makes me wonder if it is related to injections given to military men and woman hmmmm also I have been with my husband for many years and he has had barely an ill day in his life HOWEVER, looking back in past history he always had what he described as zinging feelings across his head even as a young man zinging tingling facial zinging and tingling, he has had a weak rib cage feeling for years and always got what i would describe as charlie horses one could hardly think this is early signs of als I wonder if military vets have started a log for people diagnosed it is very scary seeming we have a son who is also in and has been quite some time.

With ALS you do not need to prove a connection. On Sept 22nd 2008 the VA said that any person who served at least 90 days and get ALS anytime in there life, they are automatically service connected. I too think it may have something to do with Vaccines thsy are given. VA Service Connected Benefits - The ALS Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back