Reason
Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
frog
City
frog
hiya been surviving on skype with my dad who has MND. noticed a big change in him tonight and could do with a chat........

What's up frog? What kind of changes?

hiya thanks for reply - you someone with MND or a relative? just that dad was really struggling to speak... i know his legs have gone but he won't tell me. but he was in a really bad mood (I DO NOT blame him) but felt bad about it all

think i could be using this chat function wrong....?
sorry

anyone there? don't worry i'm fine. but could use a chat!

hi frog . . Sorry to hear things are as they are . . Where about in the uk are you . . . This is a great forum and people here are willing to help but the majority are in the states/canada so only the likes of us and insomniacs from the states are listening . Lol . Give it time and responses will come . Alex

hi, i'll be honest i was just a little desperate for the chat! didn't realise until just now you are an insomniac american! or are you from canada? been listening to some music, prob was delving the depths earlier (never a good thing) but sometimes things change and shock you. where are you? I am in brighton uk. by the sea! just had a shock earlier when dad couldn't talk. know it is part and parcel but sometimes, still, catches me unawares. x

frog . . I am actually here in uk too . . Small town called dorchester near weymouuh . . What i meant was the only people around on this forum at this time are us brits and sleepless guys over the water . . . Sorry to hear bout your dad . . Its a sh+t of a disease . .but just be there for him . .feel free to vent . . Alex

how's dorchester treating you? what's your experience with MND? I gather your husband / partner had / has it? i am just up for a chat. winding myself up quite well but also bored of appearing to just be getting on with it! my bro is in NZ now with my dad and I am sorry to say my dad's temper has never been great so he is at the sharp end. not that i blame dad but i go out on 18th and having now been single for 2 years it's ok, but still hard. normally doesn't get to me so much, but i do think, when you see a change it can hit you.

frog . . Yeah dorchester is ok but quiet . . Weymouuh is only 8 miles down the road and is great for nightlife . . My connection with mnd is a to cut a long story short i am displaying some symptoms that seem to point at Mnd . . . Started in july and things just getting worse . . Although not diagnosed it worrying me that the neuro and doc have told me that this is what they suspect . . Would be a bugger cos i only 34 . . Back to you you must not feel guilty about going out and letting your hair down . . Its important to that you maintain your life too . . Just being there as you are is admirable ..Do you mind telling me how old you are ? .. Alex

am same age as you .... is there a chat function here?

if you click on to my name at the left side of the post . . It should offer you the chance to view my profile . . There you can post something on my wall or send me a private message

sorry , wishing you comfort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back