Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
SGP
State
Singapore
City
Singapore
In the last two weeks or so, I've had random and fleeting face and head pain. Sometimes it's dull pain, other times it feels like mild electric shocks. Sometimes the pain comes without any stimulation, other times it comes when I tap or squeeze a certain part of my face. Last night, I tapped the area just under my right eye and I felt the electric shocks on the right-corner of my mouth. But I get the pain on the left side of my face too but it's mostly on my lower and upper jaws, chin and occasionally, tongue. Pain/shocks last for three or four seconds. Sometimes the pain goes all the way down to my right toe. Tolerable but I get a general feeling of fatigue and being unwell when they come. Neck hurts too. I had a head/brain MRI in June this year and it was normal except for bilatertal maxillary sinusitis. A cervical spine MRI indicated probems with the C3-C4 and C4-C5 vertebrae. Apparently the shape of my neck is also not normal. My dentist said it could be neuralgia but that usually affects women over fifty and I'm a 41-year-old male. And neuralgia pain is always focussed on the same spot - mine seems to be everywhere. What could it be and is it time for another visit to the neurologist and another MRI? Could something have changed in six months? I don't know if this is relevant but I have had a very bad cough and sore throat in the last two weeks and have been on antibiotics.

Thanks for listening.

PS Pain usually comes at night, between 7 and midnight. No trouble during sleep, only get up to go to the bathroom but I do feel tired when I get up.

You might try posting your symptoms on a forum that is more focused on general neurology. Your symptoms don't go along with ALS, so posting them on an ALS discussion forum probably won't get you any useful information.

You really should be taking these questions to your doctors, not trying to diagnose yourself by asking strangers on the Internet.

Thanks for your reply. I thought this was an MND forum too and my post may not be all that irrelevant. Any suggestions for general neurology forums?

What symptoms of MND do you have? "Electric shock" feelings aren't symptoms of MND. Neither is "dull pain". The twitches that you complained of four months ago appear to be less bothersome to you now, but the two neurologists you saw then told you that the twitches were nothing to worry about then. So, what symptoms of MND do you think you have?

As to the question of which forums might be more appropriate for you to post your symptoms, I'd say "none of them". Take your questions to your doctors and get real answers to your questions and real treatment for your problems. The Internet, in general, and this board, in particular, aren't going to give you the help you need, especially if you keep becoming fixated on inappropriate issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back