Diagnosis
03/2010
Country
US
State
Va
City
Woodbridge
I've noticed that when I wake up and check my blood pressure it high, if I sit up for a few minutes it goes back to normal. Is this a symptom of ALS or something else?

Your blood pressure is at its highest when you first wake up in the morning. My doc had me check mine for a month, and told me to do it before I even get out of bed in the morning, as that is when you will get the highest reading.

I have a pulse/ox meter which measres your 02 level, I have pulmonary hypertension so my levels are a bit lower than most and I can tell when it a problem. Most of the time the 02 level is normal but the bp is high, sit up for a few minutes and it goes down. Who knows, might be stress or that I had a dream that triggerd it or maybe my body just doesn't want to get up.I would suggest a pulse/0x meter for everybody, really lets you know if there might be a problem going on and you can get one at Amazon for around $100. Oh by the way my right leg,foot and ankle a swollen, don't know if that might be part of the problem or something else, I'm on spironolactone 50mg for fluid build up but nothing seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back