Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
US
State
CALIFORNIA
City
san diego
I have lived and worked as a welder for the past 14 years with my left side half paralized . I can walk with help but its getting harder left hand does not work , and right hand is really weak my speach is also bad. 4 months ago i was working now i cant. i lost so much mucel in my right arm. is this normal to go so fast

Nothing is normal with ALS. It is crazy how different all PALS are, even though they all have the same DX. Keep your weight on, cuz once it's gone it is hard to get it back.

:( i wondered about that. since i stopped being so active im getting a gut. so i guess thats a good thing

A gut is a symptom of ALS, as the muscles are loosening up. For my husband it has caused a few problems with back pain. Getting a big belly doesn't have to do with being less active. My husband probably had ALS for 2 yrs before we finally went to the hospital. His belly had been getting bigger all that time, even though he was working 60 hour wks, and dieting to try and lose the belly. Eating a high fat diet is now a good thing. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/12806-big-belly.html Read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back