Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol Deboer

Distinguished member
Hi everyone,

Been busy lately, and haven't had much time to spend on the computer. Hope everyone is fine. I haven't heard from Johnny lately. Has anyone? TBear, do you know how he is? How are you? Finally, some hot weather. Yahoo! I hope we can expect it to last. Jane, how is your sister? Is she managing all right? I hope she has all the necessary community accesses in place that she is entitled to. Is there a local ALS Chapter in your community? They are of tremendous help. I do not know how we would make out without them. It is so hard to humble yourself to the fact that we have to ask for help. But. again, they are so wonderful. You must spend a lot of time with her. She is lucky to have you. Hey Fisher, whats new? How are you doing? Stella, I hope you have had some luck with supplements. I know Kim posted some info for you. In fact, one was the same that I would have recommended. I hope that you have tried them and they are working for you. How are you feeling? Things here are pretty much the same as I told you last time I posted. Henry is losing ground, but still has his sense of humour and thank God for the NHL. ha! As long as there is sports of some kind on the tube, he is happy. And when he is happy, mama is happy. Our son Michael, quit his job to stay home and take care of his dad. He is so wonderful. He really is the primary caregiver now, since I cannot lift Henry anymore. The nurses are here during the day for a few hours, and that gives him a break, but he says nobody takes care of his dad like he does. We have been so blessed to have such a giving, compassionate son like him. Our other kids are great too, but Mike really has surpassed anything that we have asked of him. He says he is going to go into the nursing field. I think that is super. He will be such a good one too. Henry is now taking a very long time to eat. His meals can last up to an hour now. We see Dr. Strong on the 25'th, so we will find out more about his status then. I hope everyone is okay, and keeping the faith. It is so important to have that. I pray for you all everyday, and I feel your prayers back. Well, now that the Leafs and the Wings are gone, who do we go for? Calgary? Oh well, baseball starts soon,,,... ha.... Well, I have to go get Henry ready for bed, thought I would check in with you all. Take care everyone, I think of you all often.

With Love to my friends,

Carol D. Hugs to all xo

Hi All

Deborah - I'm still here, reading what everyone writes. Doesn't seem to be much going on here....I guess that's an indication of how busy everyone must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back