CAHPAH

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
MO
City
Barnhart
Anyone had any experience with photobiomodulation? A friend of ours works for a chiropractor and she thinks it might help Serena. The equipment is made by a company called BioVeda Technologies. Here is a blurb from their web site:

Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) has been investigated and used clinically for over 30 years, mostly in Eastern Europe and Asia. Low power or cold lasers can non-thermally and non-destructively alter cellular function. This phenomenon, known as laser biostimulation or photobiomodulation, is the basis for the current use of lasers to treat a variety of articular, neural and soft tissue conditions. This type of therapy has significant published evidence to the efficacy which includes over 200 randomized controlled tests. This evidence is equal or greater than standards for pharmaceutical, surgical and manual therapies for a wide range of pathologies

Just thought I'd tape your collective knowledge. Thanks for the help.

Call me cynical but I'd be suspicious. Check out the studies they refer to, see if the sound legit. Check out the cost. In the long run it's your choice but......

Yeh, Katie, I know what you mean. Cost is zero. I think the Doc is curious what, if anything, this will do for ALS so he is letting our friend try this for free. We talked about it with our hospic nurse and she didn't see any harm in it. I just have my doubts about anything that claims to cure a whole slew of stuff for alergies to zoonosis. I was just wondering if anyone here had tried it.

Not that I'm aware of but I'm a skeptic as well. If it isn't well known it's usually fake or folly.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back