experience with invacare fdiagnosed wheelchair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankertoad

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
US
State
sc
City
rock hill
does anyone have experience with invacare fdiagnosed wheel chair?

costing extra $2000 for seat elevation

I would look at the Permobil c300, from what I have heard it is a more reliable chair.

We have the invacare tdiagnosed...and also have experience with a permobile. Pros and cons with both. First, the elevate feature is a must..worth every penny. My husband is almost 6 ft tall and I am 5'4..so need the elevate to do pivot transfers. The invacare is nice because it can lean back in the elevate postition where as the permobile does not. Also, the permobile does not elevate as high as the invacare. However, the invacare has problems with mercury switches that can cause problems in warm weather. The permobile is a much more advanced chair....the legs can elevate and recline....which is a very important feature. Please make sure you order your chair with all the bells and whistles allowed as Medicare and most insurance companies only pay for this one time. Forward think when ordering....comfort is key. I hope this helped a little.

I don't disagree with anything said, but wanted to add, the mercury switches can be removed. I have the Invacare TDX-SP, and most of the "tippy sensor" switches are removed after one stopped my chair when I was stationary. The Tech from the store can do the removals. I know that there is no such thing as a perfect chair... but hope that my problems with this one are over, because I love my chair. I recline with legs up to nap, to stretch out my back and to readjust myself in the chair. I can move while elevated, while legs up and also while reclined.

I have the Invacare FDX with seat elevation. Happy with it so far.
My Medicare/HMO are picking up the rental tab. Don't forget the front wheel drive
does not reverse as a car does,you back up rt and it goes
left ,have a ROHO cushion ordered too. good luck, Pat

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the great help.will probably go with invacare as insurance will pay for all except elevation.

is the elevation only 7 inches

If you can get the ROHO seat, I highly recommend it. Unless cigarettes or knives (or scissors) punch a hole in it, making it go flat somewhere the patch kit won't work, it is a great seat. I started out with a different one that came with my chair--later was given the ROHO and wish I'd known to insist on that from the get-go.

Seven inches rise sounds about right. I haven't measured (and can't do it myself anyway), but it does make a huge difference... being higher means reaching the faucet longer, being able to get into the top of the freezer, actually wash my face pulled under the sink (arms flip up). It means a great deal, apart from the transfers Kelly spoke of--which are really important.

sounds like elevation is the way to go.thanks again everyone for your help.this is my first chair.:lol:

too expensive,but have heard it is a great chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back