Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
ma.
City
halifax
i know you all talked of twitching but when my son was over tonight i seen what i would not call it twitching , it was more like shaking but leg was going up and down instead of side to side ... almost like tapping your foot to music but from the heel instead of toe ... is that typical for a.l.s. ? .... his whole leg was going a mile a minute an on and off thing

I'm not familiar with it. Clueless here!

Mine do it a lot!

Was it like the leg was bouncing up and down with his heel on the floor? It could be restless leg syndrome. Hubby has CIDP, but he also gets something like that which is restless leg syndrome and magnesium seems to help. Could also be the motor neurons misfiring.
Laurel

My legs shake all the time but it's from all the drugs I take to alleviate pain. If I keep them flat on the floor they won't shake. It's annoying, but it's not enough to make me stop taking the pain meds.

Carol

thank you all very much , i did not know this .

My PALS legs do this alot as well. He says it happens more when he is cold or when he is nervous/anxious.

hi tdamess.
not 100% sure with your hubbys case but with pls and sometimes with umn problems in als you can get clonus.
with myself and many others if in a sitting position you even slightly lift your heel of the floor the leg jumps up and down ten to the dozen.......thats clonus.
even though his heel is down it may still be clonus.
ask his gp or neuro.

Mine are doing it more frequently in the last 60 days. I mentioned it at clinic this month and was told it is clonus - My legs and feet are also cold -like ice packed - no pain but annoying.

Sure is Clonus, have it really bad..It will make your leg's go crazy with shaking, ankle's are the most common place for it, but it can also be in the knee's, elbow's, and even the jaw. I have it in all of those places. It is a UMN symptom. Sorry just saw this message, would of answered it before.

Olly sure explained it well, it can be unsustained,(were it stops), or sustained(which is when we get it by the dozen's) you are sure correct at that...This crap is too MUCH...

Yeah, clonus. I don't really have a problem much with clonus, but sometimes the carbon of my AFO's causes a reaction, (don't know why, can't give a technical explanation something to do with a transfer of energy) and its like my heel tapping instead of my toes. very weird when it happens

Happens to me all the time. I just change my upper body position and it stops. Annoying but not harmful.

I get the leg shakes too,plus my knees clap together 8-10 times uncontrollably.What is that?

never heard of that either but all be connected somehow just in different ways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back