Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
SC
City
Conway
After the diagnosed of ALS mid Aug 2010 and having lost 95% of my voice and a few other strange things going on, I had the health and strength to drive 240 miles to my daughters house and to be with her family.Life is wonderfull,the Turkey is a cooking.

Hugs To All
Ken

Ken, that is fantastic! I am so happy for you, and i can smell the turkey roasting...MMMmmmm!
Since i dont have family close by, I am going to a soup kitchen for a big thanksgiving spread at a local church, so i can hang out with others who dont have the comfort of family on this day. It is beginning to snow outside and it s 29* so I think about those who have no shelter. I saw folks living in tents under one of the bridges. This makes me very grateful for all I am blessed with!

Ken, that you are with your daughter and her family is fantastic! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Sequoia, you are very special to be feeding others today. I'm sure you will lift the spirits of all who come into contact with you. And, yes, we DO have much to be thankful for.

Love to you both,
Ann

Cheers!

I am thankful that I have my PALS for another holiday and that she is still enjoying life and has not given up.

I

We had a fabulous day with family. It was sunny and 75 degrees this morning, 60 and raining by midafternoon, and now around 42 degrees! We are anticipating temperatures below freezing. It now officially feels like the holidays in Memphis!

Had a great Thanksgiving with the wife's family and was able to bring home a nice plate of food for my mother who had to work.
She wasn't in the mood to go anyways, holidays have been tough on her with my brother passing not too long ago.

Hope you all had a wonderful day and a great Christmas :)

I had a good Thanksgiving. Spent the first part of the day with my PALS, then went to families.
My PALS, on the other hand, had a not so good day.
Noone in his family and none of his friends called, came by, sent an email, invited him over, or stopped by.
It was just another day for him. That broke my heart.

O Liz, how can that be? Some people are so cruel & selfish. I am so glad that he has you! What is it with some people?
The time I spent with the poor was a heart warming time. They cheered me up, since i dont have local family near by. The poor treat one another for the most part with understanding charity, because they know hwat it is like to be rejected and scorned. "Blessed are the Poor, for theirs is the kingdom of God." Folks with ALS are in this kind of poverty, being looked upon as not worth bothering about since they cant speak, or do things. All I got to say is; 'THY KINGDOM COME!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back